Bedroom is the most relaxing part of home because it is a room where we spend most of our time. So it should be decorated in a way that makes it a peaceful and pleasant place to sleep in. Bedroom designing is a challenging task as it requires lot of aesthetic sense and a bundle of ideas. Many people find it difficult to design their bedrooms in a proper way. Some people hire interior designers for this purpose but some want to design the room themselves.
Here I am describing some tips and ideas that would prove very helpful in designing your bedroom to have a soothing and restful feel.
The color of walls is the most important thing to be considered while designing your room. If you want your room to give a soothing effect, then don’t use bright colors like bright red and deep yellow. The better choice would be the use of colors including light yellow, white and deep maroon. It would give a calming effect to your eyes.
Paint is not the only option to give your room a good look. Instead of paint, wallpapers can be used. Again the choice is yours. If you have an intention to give your room a peaceful look, don’t go for bright and raucous wallpapers. There is a large variety of wallpapers available in the market. All you have to do is to spend a little bit of your time and choose the wallpaper of your choice.
To keep your bedroom clutter free, find an extra cabinet inside your room so that it may look neat and clean.
Now consider your bedroom floors. It is a good choice to use carpets and wooden flooring instead of ceramic tiles or marbles. Wooden floor or carpet would prevent you from stepping on the cold floor when you get up in the morning. But if you have already used tiles then rugs can be placed near bed. Keep in mind that colors and pattern of rugs should justify the color of room and other accessories placed in rooms.
Another useful tip is using the bed covers of the same color as that of curtains. It will definitely give a feeling that you have got your room designed by a professional.
Use of Mirror
If you are worried about your room size, then don’t worry. If your room is so small then you should use mirrors on the walls. It will make your room look very spacious.
As far as lighting is concerned, use lampshades and pin lights. These lights also serve as mood lights and give your room a peaceful effect.
I hope that above mentioned ideas and tips would surely help you to decorate your room in an elegant way.
Are you thinking of designing a spa room in your home? If yes then you must know the fact that spa rooms should be designed in a location which has lot of natural light and fresh air as well as open space. If you don’t have an extra room in your home for making a spa, you can even turn your bathroom in a spa room by designing it with necessary accessories and equipment. Are you wondering how to do this? Just read the instructions given below:
Clean the Space: Spas are expected to be calm and peaceful so clear the space where you want to set up a spa. Remove clutter and bulky furniture and clean all surfaces. But don’t clean marble surfaces as there is a different method to make them clean. Take one part white vinegar and one part warm water and use this solution to clean surfaces made of marble.
Adding Architectural Features: Now consider about collecting some architectural accessories and elements to give a serene feel to spa room. To decorate a spa room with rustic and country features is a great idea indeed. For example, you can have bare wooden ceiling beams in your spa room.
Paint for Spa Room: Choose a soothing color for your spa. Suggested colors are cream, blue, light yellow and sage green. Give your spa room a semi-gloss finish as it proves to be the best for humid conditions. If you have wooden or stone walls, then go for a decorated varnish so that they can be protected against moisture.
Spa Equipment: Furnish your spa with necessary equipment. You can do by fixing an ordinary soaking tub or shower head of waterfall style. But if you want to be little more luxurious and lush then you can get a steam shower, a massage table and Jacuzzi tub.
Spa-Themed Accessories: Last but not the least; purchase some spa themed accessories like organic towels, candles. Along with candles, you can also use wall scones and pendant lamps for providing sufficient light. Also fix a shelf in spa room so that you can place jars, moisturizers’ bottles, masks, oils and conditioners.
I hope that these tips and ideas will prove enough for you to design a spa room. Follow these and make your spa room source of envy for all those who visit your house.
Kids love to have fish bowls in their rooms and want them to be well-decorated and attractive. But they always lack ideas to decorate a fish bowl as most fish bowls are small and don’t have enough space to hold decorative items. But let me tell you that fish bowls can be decorated with much more items than you can imagine so get ready to help your kid decorating his/her fish bowl with wonderful items:
- Plants are the essential and most common items which are used for decorating fish bowl. If you are unable to use live plants, you can decorate fish bowl with fake plants as well but decorating process with both types of plants will remain the same. Larger plants should always be placed towards back of bowl while smaller plants should be decorated at front. Don’t place plants in middle of bowl as it will not only block viewing but also lessen swimming space for fish.
- Substrates are commonly used to decorate fish bowls as they contain nutrients which are needed by live plants. But if you are using fake plants, your substrate may consist of rocks only. These are available in different colors like white, fluorescent and blue and it all depends on your choice as any color of rock can look good in a fish bowl.
- Substrates consist of smaller rocks but your fish may also love to have larger rocks as well. Smaller fish will be very happy to find larger rocks with holes in them. Holes not only provide space for swimming but also they also provide a space for fish to hide and fish feel that they are living in their natural habitat. Large rocks also give an interesting look to your fish bowl. These rocks should be purchased from pet stores because in pet stores, rocks are treated with special cleaners so that they cannot harm fish.
- How can we forget shells for decorating fish bowls? Prior to putting water and fish into fish bowl, place shells in bottom of bowl so that they can lie properly at their right place.
- Sunken ships, castles, fake fish and scuba divers can also be used as decorative items. These items are available in every pet store or even retail store. While choosing these items, make sure that they go well with the size of your fish bowl.
That was all about my ideas to decorate a fish bowl. Help your kids understanding these ideas and make this activity a fun for you and your kid as well.
Our skin is the most important part of our body which needs care in all seasons and especially during winter because the weather becomes dry and cold. Such weather can be very harmful for your skin if you don’t take any precautionary measures. This weather can make your face, hands and lips very dry and hard. So to keep your skin during winter, some useful tips are given here:
- Always take hot shower daily during winter. It is very important for the cleanliness of your skin.
- Don’t use harsh and dry soaps as the skin is already dry and crusty.
- After taking bath don’t forget to apply a good quality moisturizing lotion on your body. A good moisturizer locks the essential moisture in your skin and never let it dry.
- Before going into sun, apply sun block lotion that has zinc oxide and SPF30 protection. This will keep your skin protected from harmful rays of sun keeping your skin fresh.
- Lips become very dry and chapped during winter season and require extra care. A good lip balm can be very useful for this purpose. Remember that your lip-balm must contain moisturizing elements and vitamin E. Vitamin E is essential for the nourishment of your lips. If you feel that your lips are still peeling, then use a product having AHA.
- Another big problem faced by most of the people during winter is dry and cracked hands and fingers. It is caused by the lack of moisture. To get rid of this situation, cover your hands with a towel immediately after washing and always pat dry them instead of rubbing and use some good hand cream available in the market to keep the moisture retained in your hands. Don’t use lotions as they quickly absorb in your skin and do not fulfill the desired purpose.
- Next tip is about taking care of your nails. Your nails are also destroyed in winter if they are exposed to water frequently. To protect your nails, use gloves while washing dishes or something else. Other tips include using nail hardener and taking calcium supplements.
- Exfoliate your skin at least twice a weak during winter season to get rid of dead skin cells so that your skin can absorb necessary moisture.
- Don’t forget your dry scalp at all. Use medicated and anti-dandruff shampoos.
Other Factors to be Taken Care of
Drink lot of water to avoid dehydration. It is even better if you take hot water with some drops of lemon in it. It will make your blood clean faster and keep your skin fresh. Having a sufficient sleep is also very important. Your dead skin cells will be renewed quickly when you will have a restful sleep for 7 to 8 hours.
These useful tips would be proved very helpful for you during winter and you will look as fresh as you look in summer.
In a house, an outdoor kitchen is a wonderful feature if you want to enjoy barbeque parties with friends and family. You can also enjoy weekend parties and plan get together easily if you have an outdoor kitchen. Some people really like an outdoor kitchen as they can enjoy outside view. Outdoor kitchen proves to be very helpful when people want to expand living space during warmer months. Outdoor kitchens can be planned very easily. All you need is the guidance and aesthetic sense. Here I am giving you some important tips about planning your outdoor kitchen.
Space is the first thing that should be considered carefully while planning an outdoor kitchen. Area evaluation is necessary because it will affect the design and style of your kitchen. Moreover the measurements and design of the furniture are also affected by the space provided for an outdoor kitchen. The furniture which you want to get should be of the size that doesn’t look awkward in kitchen.
Choosing Kitchen Appliances
Next step is to plan that what type of kitchen appliances you need for your outdoor kitchen. Again the selection depends on the purpose for which you are planning an outdoor kitchen as well as the type of food you want to prepare in your outdoor kitchen. Most of the people make an outdoor kitchen for barbeque purpose, so the basic appliances may include barbeque grills. Some people also want a stove and outdoor fridge for their kitchen. There may be other appliances also but the choice is all yours.
Infrastructure of Kitchen
Infrastructure should also be considered during the planning of your outdoor kitchen. Including some kind of infrastructure is optional. Some people like shades in outdoor kitchen so they can enjoy the view in a better way. Shades of garden plants can also be used to avoid direct sun rays.
Checking Electric Lines
You should check the electric lines because most of the appliances used in outdoor kitchen may require electric supply. Make sure that you have also considered this aspect carefully.
Consulting Local Building Agency
Always keep in your mind that you may require a permit before establishing your outdoor kitchen. For this purpose, you will have to talk with local building agency.
Outdoor kitchen is the best option for entertaining your guests and to organize other parties. The above mentioned steps would be really helpful to plan and design your outdoor kitchen.