Bedroom is the most relaxing part of home because it is a room where we spend most of our time. So it should be decorated in a way that makes it a peaceful and pleasant place to sleep in. Bedroom designing is a challenging task as it requires lot of aesthetic sense and a bundle of ideas. Many people find it difficult to design their bedrooms in a proper way. Some people hire interior designers for this purpose but some want to design the room themselves.
Here I am describing some tips and ideas that would prove very helpful in designing your bedroom to have a soothing and restful feel.
The color of walls is the most important thing to be considered while designing your room. If you want your room to give a soothing effect, then don’t use bright colors like bright red and deep yellow. The better choice would be the use of colors including light yellow, white and deep maroon. It would give a calming effect to your eyes.
Paint is not the only option to give your room a good look. Instead of paint, wallpapers can be used. Again the choice is yours. If you have an intention to give your room a peaceful look, don’t go for bright and raucous wallpapers. There is a large variety of wallpapers available in the market. All you have to do is to spend a little bit of your time and choose the wallpaper of your choice.
To keep your bedroom clutter free, find an extra cabinet inside your room so that it may look neat and clean.
Now consider your bedroom floors. It is a good choice to use carpets and wooden flooring instead of ceramic tiles or marbles. Wooden floor or carpet would prevent you from stepping on the cold floor when you get up in the morning. But if you have already used tiles then rugs can be placed near bed. Keep in mind that colors and pattern of rugs should justify the color of room and other accessories placed in rooms.
Another useful tip is using the bed covers of the same color as that of curtains. It will definitely give a feeling that you have got your room designed by a professional.
Use of Mirror
If you are worried about your room size, then don’t worry. If your room is so small then you should use mirrors on the walls. It will make your room look very spacious.
As far as lighting is concerned, use lampshades and pin lights. These lights also serve as mood lights and give your room a peaceful effect.
I hope that above mentioned ideas and tips would surely help you to decorate your room in an elegant way.
Driving your car safely can eliminate the chances of crashes and accidents that become a cause of severe injuries and sometimes death. It is mostly thought that chances of accident are increased when a teen or beginner drives the car. But in my opinion, this perception is totally wrong. Although it is true that teens are somewhat careless drivers but accidents can be caused by the mistake of drivers of any age. Therefore the adults and old are also required to follow certain instructions and tips to drive the car safely and avoid accidents. In this article, I am trying to give you some tips for safe driving which would prove useful for drivers of any age.
- Over-speeding increases the chances of crashes and accidents so it should be avoided. Your speed should be very moderate while driving near a school, children’s play areas or construction areas. There are several other factors that can help you determine your car’s speed. The most important of these factors are dangerous road curves where the speed of your car should be considerably slow to avoid any mishap. The best way to control your speed is to follow the speed limits signs erected on the roads and observe them honestly. Don’t drive your car at a speed beyond speed limits.
- Don’t forget to wear seatbelts because they can save your life even in case of accidents. If you drive safely, there are less chances of occurring accidents but sometimes accidents occur due to the mistakes of the other drivers. So wearing seatbelts will prevent you from getting serious injuries. The seatbelts are not only necessary for the drivers but also for other people sitting in car. Most importantly, you should make sure that kids are wearing their belts and are in their suitable child seats.
- You should pay attention to everything happening in front or back of your car. Watching traffic lights and road signs is inadequate for safe driving. Watch out the activities of other drivers. Good drivers always keep an eye on what is going on in their surroundings and react promptly if they see anything disturbing them.
- You should avoid distracting your attention from driving. Many factors contribute greatly in distracting your attention like loud music, talking on phone, listening to radio and all that. These sources of distractions can be proved very disastrous as they can cause accidents. To avoid these distractions, you can switch off your phone and lower the volume of radio while driving.
- Keeping distance between the cars is another precautionary measure to avoid accidents. If your car is too close to the vehicle in front of you then it will become difficult to apply brakes in case of some emergency.
These were some useful guidelines for having a safe drive. Follow them and safe yourself and others from severe accidents.
Acne is a problem that is faced by most of the people especially youngsters. Ladies are more conscious about their beauty than men and they undergo a lot of treatments to get rid of acne. Pimples and acne are removed from the skin as a result of these treatments but they leave scars and spots behind them. If you are also suffering from the same problem then you should use some tips and remedies. Here I will give you a list of some home remedies which you can follow to get rid of acne scars:
- Make a mask of apple and honey and apply it on your face to get rid of acne scars. Don’t you know the method of making the mask? Well!!!!!! I will tell you. After making a fine paste of apple, put four to six drops of honey into that paste and apply this paste on your skin. Rinse it off after fifteen minutes. This paste is quite beneficial as it will not only close your pores but also lighten your complexion and your skin will start looking more glowing than ever before.
- Acne scars can also be removed with the use of baking soda even in some chemical treatments for acne scars, baking soda is said to be used. If you are also interested in using baking soda for treatment of acne scars then mix baking soda with some drops of water and make a paste. Apply this paste over skin and scrub this paste over scars for one to two minutes. After that, rinse it off.
- Cucumber juice is also very effective for treatment of acne scars. It is a natural beauty gift for a perfectly glowing skin. Apply cucumber juice daily as it will close your skin pores. It will lighten skin tone and give you a fresh and beautiful look.
- A paste of honey and milk is also recommended for treating acne scars. So make a paste of honey and milk and apply it over your skin twice a day. You will feel after sometime that acne scars have started fading.
- Lemon juice is highly suggested for getting rid of dark acne scars as it lightens the spots. Take a cotton ball and pour some drops of lemon on it. Rub your face with this cotton ball and make a habit to do this daily to get a glowing and clear skin.
- Vitamin C plays an important role in getting clear and vibrant skin. The best sources from which you can get Vitamin C are fruits so try to eat as many fruits as you can because besides making your skin healthy, they will also keep you fit.
- You can also use tomato face mask to get rid of acne scars. Take a tomato and make two slices of it. Rub your skin with one of the tomato halves. It lightens the acne scars and increase skin elasticity. Wash your face after rubbing for 20 minutes.
- Egg whites are also good for this purpose. Massage egg white on your face with a cotton ball. Egg whites make scars invisible as they have powerful healing qualities.
Follow these simple and easy home remedies for getting rid of acne scars. All the things mentioned above are available at home at all times so you don’t need to go anywhere to get these things.
Are you thinking of designing a spa room in your home? If yes then you must know the fact that spa rooms should be designed in a location which has lot of natural light and fresh air as well as open space. If you don’t have an extra room in your home for making a spa, you can even turn your bathroom in a spa room by designing it with necessary accessories and equipment. Are you wondering how to do this? Just read the instructions given below:
Clean the Space: Spas are expected to be calm and peaceful so clear the space where you want to set up a spa. Remove clutter and bulky furniture and clean all surfaces. But don’t clean marble surfaces as there is a different method to make them clean. Take one part white vinegar and one part warm water and use this solution to clean surfaces made of marble.
Adding Architectural Features: Now consider about collecting some architectural accessories and elements to give a serene feel to spa room. To decorate a spa room with rustic and country features is a great idea indeed. For example, you can have bare wooden ceiling beams in your spa room.
Paint for Spa Room: Choose a soothing color for your spa. Suggested colors are cream, blue, light yellow and sage green. Give your spa room a semi-gloss finish as it proves to be the best for humid conditions. If you have wooden or stone walls, then go for a decorated varnish so that they can be protected against moisture.
Spa Equipment: Furnish your spa with necessary equipment. You can do by fixing an ordinary soaking tub or shower head of waterfall style. But if you want to be little more luxurious and lush then you can get a steam shower, a massage table and Jacuzzi tub.
Spa-Themed Accessories: Last but not the least; purchase some spa themed accessories like organic towels, candles. Along with candles, you can also use wall scones and pendant lamps for providing sufficient light. Also fix a shelf in spa room so that you can place jars, moisturizers’ bottles, masks, oils and conditioners.
I hope that these tips and ideas will prove enough for you to design a spa room. Follow these and make your spa room source of envy for all those who visit your house.
Unwanted thoughts are quite annoying and irritating as they result in lack of concentration and cause mental fatigue and tiredness. If you are also suffering from such unwanted thoughts, then you will definitely know how bothersome these thoughts are. If you haven’t overcome your trouble yet and are looking for some good tips then read this article because I am going to help you out by giving you some useful tips.
Write your Thoughts
Writing proves to be a good therapy for those who suffer from unwanted thoughts. Writing your thoughts in a diary or notebook will keep you relaxed and soothing as it will help you to transfer infuriating thoughts from mind to the paper. If roots of unwanted thoughts are connected to any past event, a harsh childhood experience or an unsuccessful love then writing these memories and thoughts is really very very effective. When you start writing your unwanted thoughts, feel yourself free to write whatever comes to your mind because you are going to write to express your feelings and not to impress someone. So don’t take care of making spelling mistakes or grammatical errors. Your only purpose is to let your bad thoughts flow out of your mind.
Distract your Attention
When unwanted thoughts come to your mind, the best way to overcome them is to distract your attention. It would be just like fighting fire with fire. Make a better use of your idle time by following any of the following activities:
- Start watching your favorite movie. The trick is to see that movie that can not remind you of your unwanted thoughts so it may be a comedy movie. Don’t watch a romantic movie if you are preoccupied with thoughts of bad romantic experience.
- Play any sport you like. Sports are not only god for physical health but also very good to keep your mind clear of bad and unwanted thoughts. Playing a game for an hour or so will divert your energy and thoughts somewhere else.
- Start reading a book, magazine or even back of your favorite cereal box. You will see that it would be really helpful in eliminating unwanted thoughts. Instead of bad thoughts, feed your mind with some fruitful and healthy thoughts.
- Go to some beautiful park and start walking. Trees, clean air and tweeting birds will have a consoling effect on your mind and body and positive thoughts will start coming to your mind.
Have a Restful Sleep
A good and restful sleep can also prove to be very effective in order to get rid of unwanted thoughts and memories as deep sleep helps to shut down thinking process and helps to regain lost energy which was wasted due to thinking about bad and frustrating memories.
Clear your Mind of all Worries
Sometimes bad thoughts are also caused by stress and worries like thinking about a difficult exam or thinking about debt or mortgaged house. It is natural to worry about these things but don’t let them interfere your relaxation and comfort. If you are a natural worrier then definitely you may be suffering from bad thoughts but keep in mind that worries are not a solution to any problem. Instead an optimistic behavior will help you overcome your worries.
Share your Thoughts
You can also overcome your unwanted thoughts by sharing them with your spouse, friends or parents. When you share these thoughts with your family members or friends, they will provide you with a better solution to cope with these thoughts and help you to see brighter side of life.
Consult a Psychiatrist
Sometimes these unwanted and bad thoughts may be quite serious and require consultation with a psychiatrist which may help you out through different treatments including group therapy, hypnosis, individual counseling or even medicines.
If you are suffering from unwanted thoughts, never take them for granted, try to overcome them with above mentioned tips and if they continue then consult a good doctor in your area.
If you are suffering from depression then you will be definitely aware of the fact that it is very hard to cope with it and it is very difficult to get rid of it without medication. But here I am going to provide you with some tips that will help you a lot in dealing with your depression without taking any medicines.
- Proper diet is very important to overcome any kind of disease whether it is depression or something else. So you are required to take proper and balanced diet along with some multi-vitamins. When you will eat well and take a balanced diet, you will feel yourself healthy and fresh and your body will start functioning properly.
- Regular exercise is also an essential part of treatment of depression. Exercise gives you and your body a strong feeling and at the same time, it will improve your mood for long hours. Keep in mind that exercise should be done on daily basis if you really want to get rid of annoying depression.
- Sunlight also helps to keep your mood good and fresh resulting in a better mental condition, so try to get some sunlight daily for 10 to 15 minutes. It will be more than enough for treatment of depression.
- Try to take sufficient and restful sleep at night as lack of proper sleep can also give rise to mood swings and depression. For proper functionality, your body and brain needs a sleep of almost 7 to 9 hours which will definitely change your mood. If you find some free time during day, you can also snooze for sometime.
- Depression can make you isolate from rest of the world so try to make friends so that they can keep you busy when you feel depression. Remember that isolation can make depression even worse so chatting with friends or making plans about some activity can prove to be the best medication.
- Refined sugar should be cut out of your diet. The reason is that depression is mostly caused by low serotonin level in brain. So when a depressed person takes sugar, it changes the mood by increasing serotonin level but remember that this improvement is temporary and you may collapse later.
- Make a habit to record or write your feelings, thoughts and moods. You can use a diary or a journal for this purpose. In this way, you will be able to understand what feelings and thoughts are causing depression. Moreover when you will write down your feelings, you will feel fresh and satisfied which will help to overcome depression.
- Prayer also plays an important role in improving mood of a depressed person, so take a little time daily for prayer. I am sure that it will really work for you.
Apart from following the above given tips, you should also seek help from some professionals and don’t feel hesitation in telling your feelings and thoughts to your doctor or concerned professional. Doctors, psychiatrists and other such professionals will definitely help you out.
Carpets are found in almost every home as they are a good alternative of expensive flooring but at the same time carpets require more efforts for their maintenance and cleanliness. Actually carpets are made of such material which can easily absorb germs so it becomes necessary to clean a carpet on regular basis. Different tips and methods are used to keep the carpet clean. Are you also looking for such tips? If yes then read this post because I have gathered some easy household tips to keep the carpet clean:
- You are required to vacuum the carpet on weekly basis but it is not a hard and fast rule. You may have to clean your carpet daily if lot of people travel on it throughout a day.
- If your carpet is giving bad smell, you can make it fragrant by sprinkling baking soda on it. After sprinkling the soda, brush the soda completely into carpet. You can do this with help of a broom. Using baking soda is a proven tip to get rid of smelly carpet.
- Let the baking soda sit on carpet overnight and then you can vacuum the carpet to remove baking soda.
- If a strong odor develops in your carpet and you feel that baking soda is not working for that strong smell then you can use vinegar. All you need to do is to fill a spraying bottle with vinegar and then spray it on carpet. Vinegar will work like a magic to remove the smell of food particles and even the smell of vomits and pets’ activities.
- In order to clean a carpet deeply and thoroughly, use a steam cleaner. You can make a cleaning solution at home. Instead of buying expensive steam cleaning solution, you can use vinegar. Take one cup of vinegar and mix half a cup of baking soda in it. Then make a solution by adding enough water in it so that it can reach fill line of fluid container. After doing this, run the steam cleaner on carpet in the same way as you use vacuum cleaner.
See! How simple is that. You can make your carpet look neat and clean by using either baking soda or vinegar. Both of these are available at your home so you don’t need to go anywhere to get expensive cleaning agents. Just follow tips given above and have a nice-smelling carpet in your home.