Summer season is going on and you must be enjoying it. Long days of summer are mostly enjoyed with open windows so that fresh air may come in the house. But open windows also invite flies. Seeing flies flying here and there in your house is just like a nightmare. Closing doors and windows is not a solution to this problem. Here are some tips and tricks to keep flies away from indoors:
- Try to keep your house as clean as possible. Don’t let your kids throw garbage and litter in yard. Instead of it, use a trash bin with a lid to dispose off waste. Indoor trash should also be bagged up and thrown regularly. Flies actually feast on garbage and rotten foods so to keep them away, it is necessary to keep them starved. Always keep food items in containers and refrigerator.
- Opening windows become necessary in summer so that excessive heat in house may leave. Open windows but make sure that you have screens or curtains on windows. Check screens to ensure that they have been fit properly. Do not open doors for longer period of time.
- There are some fragrances which flies do not like at all so use those fragrances for your advantage to keep flies away. For this, you can place crushed mint sachets or bay leaves in windows and doorways. These will stop flies from entering in. Lavender can also be used for the same purpose as it has strong smell.
- You can use some other tricks to keep flies out of house. The best trick is the water method. Take a clear plastic bag, fill it with water and hang it over doorway or window. Light will refract through this water bag creating a large reflection of fly. When fly will see a huge creature in its way, it will change its way and will never try to enter. Isn’t it great??????
- To make above method more effective, you can also put pennies in water bag. Flies will consider water bag and pennies as a spider and its web. Being scared, they will not enter your house.
- You can also put a pot of sweet basil near windows as it is a natural fly repellent. It is used in cooking also so it is not hard to get this.
- Moreover don’t let standing water stay near doorways as it attracts flies. Make sure to switch off unnecessary lights because light also works as an attractor of flies.
This was a complete description of some tricks which you can use to keep flies away. Follow these and enjoy this season to its fullest.
Today we have a number of machines to do all household chores but in spite of this, we have to manage a certain number of tasks ourselves. Busy schedule of housewives does not let them check the chaos in kitchen on regular basis. There are however some tips and tricks which can be followed to keep kitchen organized and tidy:
- Always start organizing your kitchen with cleaning drawers. After cleaning drawers, go through the whole kitchen try to dispose off useless things. You may have old mittens, discolored cups and mismatched dishes and plates in your kitchen. These items are no longer useful for you so throw out these items to get rid of clutter and mess. Instead of throwing these items, you can also donate them as well.
- Buy some clear plastic bags and containers to keep cereals and pastas instead of preserving them in glass containers. Containers occupy more space than plastic bags and hence cut down on shelf space. Moreover plastic containers are easy to manage and keep. Plastic containers are also useful for keeping tea, sugar, coffee, dry milk and flour. These plastic containers also eliminate need of canisters.
- Your kitchen must also have a number of cleaning agents for dishwashing, bathrooms and floor cleaning. If these cleaning agents are more than one year old, throw them as they will create clutter and nothing else. But take care while disposing off these cleaning agents because if spilled on floor they can result in an accident. You will find instructions to throw them on back of their bottles or containers. Most of the times, cleaning products are kept under sink. When you will throw unnecessary bottles, you will find enough space to store other kitchen items like pots, pans, extinguishers and candles.
- You must also have a number of half-filled spice jars in your kitchen. For organizing kitchen in a good manner, you will need to replace them with a spice rack. If you do not want to spend on expensive spice racks, you can use old baby food jars for this purpose. For using baby food jars, peel off labels and replace them with a tape. Use a black marker to write names of spices on tapes. By labeling these jars, it will become easy for you to locate these spices. These jars are transparent so it is easy to see how much spice is left in jar. Moreover these jars stack well and create more cabinet space.
These were some of the most effective tips and tricks to keep your kitchen organized. Follow these tips and you will see a vital change in your kitchen.
Employees are asset of an organization so it is very important to keep employees’ morale high so that they can work with full dedication and loyalty. Employee morale can fall easily due to many reasons like lack of rewards and facilities, monotonous work routine or lack of appreciation. Employee’s fallen morale is very bad for an organization because employees with low morale do not work with interest and commitment. If you are facing problem of low employee morale then use the following ways to solve this problem:
- Always treat your employees with respect. Don’t degrade them in front of other employees and control your temper in case your employee makes a minor mistake. If you want to improve your employees’ fallen morale, talk to them with courtesy, respect and kindness and make them feel how important they are for your organization. Use the words like ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ and show keen interest in their work.
- Mornings are mostly hardest part of day for workers who suffer from fatigue and tiredness. To make them feel better, offer them with coffee or tea so that they can become alert and interested in their work. This tip is very effective to increase employee productivity throughout the day.
- Many employees feel themselves valued and important when their supervisors greet them and wish them on their special days. Some companies also offer paid day off to employees on their birthdays but only greeting and wishing them is also sufficient.
- Employees and workers always want appreciation for their good work so to recognize their work, you can take actions like conducting a program named ‘employee of the month’. Doing this not only improves employee morale but also motivate others to do well.
- To keep employees’ morale high, take employees out for dinner or lunch. When employees get opportunity of dinning out without paying bill, they will socialize with other employees in a good manner and will become more devoted to their work.
- If you are impressed with an employee’s performance, appreciate him/her with a note or a bouquet of flowers. Your personal appreciation will definitely improve morale of that employee.
- Holding meetings with workers is also a good way to improve employee morale. Hold meetings several times in a year and listen to your workers’ problems and complaints. A feeling of being heard is quite helpful to improve morale of employees. Also take their feedback when you apply new policies and rules. When employees will feel that they are involved in applying new policies, they will consider themselves important part of organization.
- In case your employees encounter problems and conflicts with co-workers or customers, treat them well and try to resolve that conflict by stepping in.
- Try to learn about your workers’ personal lives to show that you care for them. Ask about their spouse, kids and other family members. Your employees will definitely appreciate your interest and will feel protected and secured.
- If your company achieves any target, throw parties for employees so that they can feel that their contribution has been noticed and appreciated.
- Performance bonuses and other financial rewards are always liked by workers so show your appreciation and recognition in the form of bonus or salary increment.
Let me remind you again that an unhappy employee is always unproductive so follow the above mentioned ways to keep your employees ‘spirits high.
Most of us especially teens are fond of eating junk food like fries, pizza and burgers. These edibles are good in small quantity but if you have developed a habit of eating junk food then it may be dangerous for your health. If you are one of those who want to break junk food habit then you are lucky to read this post as I am going to share some important tips with you which will help you a lot in breaking this habit:
- Make a habit of having a healthy breakfast and the best option is to try oatmeal as it proves to be the best to start your day in a healthy way. You can make it delicious by adding some of your favorite fruit to it. It will not only healthy for you but it will also fill you up.
- While leaving home in the morning, take freshly made coffee with you as it will prevent you from stopping at a coffee shop on your way to work. Actually coffee shops do not only provide coffee but also tempt you to eat baked food available at these shops and prevent you from breaking your junk food habit.
- When it comes to taking mid-morning snack, make sure that you are eating something healthy and nutritious rather than a junk or unhealthy and fattening food.
- Another tip which is very useful in breaking junk food habit is to drink a lot of water. Drinking lots of water will not only keep your body hydrated but also help you feel fuller and consequently it will reduce your hunger and temptation to eat some snacks or other junk food.
- Have a healthy lunch daily. If you will not bring lunch with you, you will be urged to visit eatery in your office and you will eat something unhealthy available here. So don’t forget to bring your lunch with you as it will also save your money being spent on buying junk food items.
- Nothing is good and healthy than fresh fruits and vegetables so have fruits and vegetables with you all day long. When you feel hungry, eat fruits and vegetables instead of snacks and fries. It will help you a lot in leaving habit of eating junk food.
If you will follow these tips, you will definitely feel a change in you and your habits and you will surely develop a habit of eating healthy food items instead of junk food.
Nail biting is as such not a very bad habit but it looks annoying and irritating and many parents have such kids who develop this habit. Are you also worried for your child’s nail biting habit? Don’t worry as there are several ways to top this habit. Some of these are given below:
- The first and very easy way to stop this habit is to teach kids to knit. When they will make attractive and creative things with yarn, their hands will be occupied and they will totally forget about biting their fingernails.
- Another way to keep kids’ hands occupied is to give them something to play with. Play-Doh plays an important role in this regard. It will not only keep hands of your kid occupied but at the same time it will enhance his creative skills.
- If you have a daughter who has adopted this habit then take her for professional manicure because it becomes easier to stop nail biting when your daughter will see her nails beautiful and filed properly.
- Use bitter nail polish that is sold at most of drug stores. When your kid will put his fingers in mouth, he will experience an unpleasant taste which will remind him not to do this again.
- Always carry a nail filer with you because children are more likely to bite their nails when they found their nail edges jagged. Carrying a nail filer will help you to take care of these jagged edges and you will be able to remove them immediately.
- Children find it very difficult to leave this habit so don’t punish them for biting their nails. Instead of it, be patient and compassionate and always encourage kids to leave this bad habit.
- If you see that your kid has started leaving this habit or at least tried to do so, reward them. Rewarding kids will motivate them and they will stop biting their nails soon after this.
- If you feel that nail biting is a result of your kid’s anxiety and worry, then I would recommend you to consult a doctor for better help and consultation. Also talk to your child if he is worried about something and try to reduce his tension.
Follow these simple steps as they have been proved very effective to stop nail biting in children.
Study skills are of great importance for all the students as making a good career all depends on studies. Especially, the college students are required to learn study skills to get good marks in graduation. The better marks you get in graduation, better the job will be. So it is very important to follow some useful techniques to improve study skills. Here I am going to describe some ways to improve your study skills.
First of all the college students should take good care of health. Most of the college students like to have fast food and forget to eat something healthy. But they ignore the fact that healthy food is necessary for keeping their brain sharp. So students should pay attention on having fresh fruits, nuts and fresh vegetables.
Exercise is must for a healthy body and brain. Therefore students should exercise once or twice a week to improve their study skills. Many of the students will be surprised that how exercise can help to improve study skills. The answer to this question is that exercise helps the blood to circulate thoroughly in your body and gives you enough energy to concentrate on your studies.
Choose a good place to study. Some students find it difficult to concentrate if there is noise in their background while others are not disturbed by noise. So you may choose your dorm room or a library to do your study work. You will soon feel that you have done more of your work by studying in these locations.
Pay full attention while attending class. In order to focus on studies, always keep you mobile phone switched off during the lecture. Make notes of what your teacher is teaching and if you find something difficult in the lecture, note it and ask to your teacher after the class.
You should also take care about the selection of study time. You should choose that time of day when you are fresh and energetic. If you are feeling tired and lethargic, you won’t be able to concentrate on your studies properly. The best time to study is morning time as we feel fresh at this time of day.
Keep a glass of water and some snacks nearby you. If you feel hungry during studies, have them because if you feel hungry, you will find it difficult to focus on what you are studying.
These were some ways of improving studying skills. They will definitely prove very useful for you.