Summer season is going on and you must be enjoying it. Long days of summer are mostly enjoyed with open windows so that fresh air may come in the house. But open windows also invite flies. Seeing flies flying here and there in your house is just like a nightmare. Closing doors and windows is not a solution to this problem. Here are some tips and tricks to keep flies away from indoors:
- Try to keep your house as clean as possible. Don’t let your kids throw garbage and litter in yard. Instead of it, use a trash bin with a lid to dispose off waste. Indoor trash should also be bagged up and thrown regularly. Flies actually feast on garbage and rotten foods so to keep them away, it is necessary to keep them starved. Always keep food items in containers and refrigerator.
- Opening windows become necessary in summer so that excessive heat in house may leave. Open windows but make sure that you have screens or curtains on windows. Check screens to ensure that they have been fit properly. Do not open doors for longer period of time.
- There are some fragrances which flies do not like at all so use those fragrances for your advantage to keep flies away. For this, you can place crushed mint sachets or bay leaves in windows and doorways. These will stop flies from entering in. Lavender can also be used for the same purpose as it has strong smell.
- You can use some other tricks to keep flies out of house. The best trick is the water method. Take a clear plastic bag, fill it with water and hang it over doorway or window. Light will refract through this water bag creating a large reflection of fly. When fly will see a huge creature in its way, it will change its way and will never try to enter. Isn’t it great??????
- To make above method more effective, you can also put pennies in water bag. Flies will consider water bag and pennies as a spider and its web. Being scared, they will not enter your house.
- You can also put a pot of sweet basil near windows as it is a natural fly repellent. It is used in cooking also so it is not hard to get this.
- Moreover don’t let standing water stay near doorways as it attracts flies. Make sure to switch off unnecessary lights because light also works as an attractor of flies.
This was a complete description of some tricks which you can use to keep flies away. Follow these and enjoy this season to its fullest.
Sunlight is beneficial for health but excessive exposure to sunlight can cause sunburn. Sunburn not only harms you in summertime but it can also affect you at any time of year. Sunburn becomes a cause of many problems like pain, redness and irritation. Frequent sunburn can lead to serious problems like aging of skin and skin cancer. But it can be prevented by taking some simple precautionary measures. Some simple steps are listed below. Following these easy tips will prevent you and your family from severe sunburn.
Use of Sunscreens
Before going into the direct sunlight, always protect your skin by applying some sunscreen lotion. It is recommended that a sun block with a PF of 15 or greater must be used. Always remember to apply sunscreen lotion half an hour before going into direct sunlight.
Sitting in Shady Areas
If you want to sit outside to enjoy warmth of sun, try to choose some shady area where direct sunlight can’t harm your skin.
Use of Sunglasses
To protect your eyes from sunlight, you can use a good pair of sunglasses. It will help you to protect your eyes from the harmful rays of sun.
If you are required to stay in sun for a reasonable length of time, make sure that you are dressed properly. Apart from the sunscreens, your clothes can be proved to be very successful in blocking sunlight. To keep your facial skin protected from sunlight, use hats as they are better than wearing sunglasses.
If you are feeling a little bit cold, you can wear warm clothes instead of sitting in sunlight. You will have to practice self-control if you want to avoid sunburn as it is always said that prevention is better than cure.
I hope that the above mentioned tips would be helpful to prevent sunburn but in spite of following these tips, if you still suffer form sunburn then moisturize your skin as much as possible. It will help to prevent harms like untimely wrinkling.
Acne is a problem that is faced by most of the people especially youngsters. Ladies are more conscious about their beauty than men and they undergo a lot of treatments to get rid of acne. Pimples and acne are removed from the skin as a result of these treatments but they leave scars and spots behind them. If you are also suffering from the same problem then you should use some tips and remedies. Here I will give you a list of some home remedies which you can follow to get rid of acne scars:
- Make a mask of apple and honey and apply it on your face to get rid of acne scars. Don’t you know the method of making the mask? Well!!!!!! I will tell you. After making a fine paste of apple, put four to six drops of honey into that paste and apply this paste on your skin. Rinse it off after fifteen minutes. This paste is quite beneficial as it will not only close your pores but also lighten your complexion and your skin will start looking more glowing than ever before.
- Acne scars can also be removed with the use of baking soda even in some chemical treatments for acne scars, baking soda is said to be used. If you are also interested in using baking soda for treatment of acne scars then mix baking soda with some drops of water and make a paste. Apply this paste over skin and scrub this paste over scars for one to two minutes. After that, rinse it off.
- Cucumber juice is also very effective for treatment of acne scars. It is a natural beauty gift for a perfectly glowing skin. Apply cucumber juice daily as it will close your skin pores. It will lighten skin tone and give you a fresh and beautiful look.
- A paste of honey and milk is also recommended for treating acne scars. So make a paste of honey and milk and apply it over your skin twice a day. You will feel after sometime that acne scars have started fading.
- Lemon juice is highly suggested for getting rid of dark acne scars as it lightens the spots. Take a cotton ball and pour some drops of lemon on it. Rub your face with this cotton ball and make a habit to do this daily to get a glowing and clear skin.
- Vitamin C plays an important role in getting clear and vibrant skin. The best sources from which you can get Vitamin C are fruits so try to eat as many fruits as you can because besides making your skin healthy, they will also keep you fit.
- You can also use tomato face mask to get rid of acne scars. Take a tomato and make two slices of it. Rub your skin with one of the tomato halves. It lightens the acne scars and increase skin elasticity. Wash your face after rubbing for 20 minutes.
- Egg whites are also good for this purpose. Massage egg white on your face with a cotton ball. Egg whites make scars invisible as they have powerful healing qualities.
Follow these simple and easy home remedies for getting rid of acne scars. All the things mentioned above are available at home at all times so you don’t need to go anywhere to get these things.
If you are suffering from depression then you will be definitely aware of the fact that it is very hard to cope with it and it is very difficult to get rid of it without medication. But here I am going to provide you with some tips that will help you a lot in dealing with your depression without taking any medicines.
- Proper diet is very important to overcome any kind of disease whether it is depression or something else. So you are required to take proper and balanced diet along with some multi-vitamins. When you will eat well and take a balanced diet, you will feel yourself healthy and fresh and your body will start functioning properly.
- Regular exercise is also an essential part of treatment of depression. Exercise gives you and your body a strong feeling and at the same time, it will improve your mood for long hours. Keep in mind that exercise should be done on daily basis if you really want to get rid of annoying depression.
- Sunlight also helps to keep your mood good and fresh resulting in a better mental condition, so try to get some sunlight daily for 10 to 15 minutes. It will be more than enough for treatment of depression.
- Try to take sufficient and restful sleep at night as lack of proper sleep can also give rise to mood swings and depression. For proper functionality, your body and brain needs a sleep of almost 7 to 9 hours which will definitely change your mood. If you find some free time during day, you can also snooze for sometime.
- Depression can make you isolate from rest of the world so try to make friends so that they can keep you busy when you feel depression. Remember that isolation can make depression even worse so chatting with friends or making plans about some activity can prove to be the best medication.
- Refined sugar should be cut out of your diet. The reason is that depression is mostly caused by low serotonin level in brain. So when a depressed person takes sugar, it changes the mood by increasing serotonin level but remember that this improvement is temporary and you may collapse later.
- Make a habit to record or write your feelings, thoughts and moods. You can use a diary or a journal for this purpose. In this way, you will be able to understand what feelings and thoughts are causing depression. Moreover when you will write down your feelings, you will feel fresh and satisfied which will help to overcome depression.
- Prayer also plays an important role in improving mood of a depressed person, so take a little time daily for prayer. I am sure that it will really work for you.
Apart from following the above given tips, you should also seek help from some professionals and don’t feel hesitation in telling your feelings and thoughts to your doctor or concerned professional. Doctors, psychiatrists and other such professionals will definitely help you out.
Raising healthy and happy child is a difficult and demanding task. It needs a lot of care and efforts. Mostly parents follow some techniques to raise their kids which were used by their parents without thinking whether they were effective or not. Parenting techniques should be adopted after understanding the nature and psychology of kids. If you are also looking for such techniques and tips, read this post:
- Kids always learn from what their parents do so; you will need to keep good behavior with others. If you will not treat well with others, your kid will also become harsh with other people. Your attitude and behavior should display kindness and affection with others.
- Don’t let your kid feel lonely. Try to get involved in life of your kids including their studies and other activities. Give sufficient time to your child to understand his/her problems.
- Do not use harsh and bitter language with your kid. Kids need to be treated with respect so use a polite tone while talking to kids about any kind of matter.
- If you will abuse in front of your kids, they will definitely do the same while talking with others. And one more thing, do not use harsh language with your kid in front of someone as doing this will make your kid embarrassed.
- Keep your kids happy and make them feel that you are happy and proud to be their parents. It adds confidence in personality of your kids.
- You must be known of the fact that give respect and take respect. So give respect to your kids and their feelings. In return, they will give you the same respect and affection.
- Try to make fun with your kids at home to create a happy and cheerful atmosphere. Laughing, playing and tickling are the best practices you can do to make your child happy.
- If your kid does something good and nice, do appreciate him/her. For this, you can also buy him/her a present.
- Present yourself as a good example and role model for your kids as it is your most important duty being parents.
- Also get involved in school life of your children and always help him/her to become a good student. Bring your kid up in a way that helps him/her acquiring a good character.
- Listen to your kids’ problems carefully and seriously and try to resolve them in the best possible way.
- Teach your kids about moral values. You can do so by practicing good moral values in front of them.
Parents are the only people in life of kids who can help them building their character so parents must understand their responsibilities.
Wood furniture is mostly liked by people for its good looks and durability but at the same time, its maintenance and cleaning also requires a lot of efforts whether it is polished, oiled or painted. You must also have wooden furniture in your homes. If you find it difficult to clean it then don’t worry as I am going to give you some tips on cleaning wood furniture. Cleaning wood furniture is not difficult at all as it can be cleaned by using common household items.
- When you decide on cleaning your wood furniture, you are required to gather product information about your furniture first. If you don’t have any idea about type of wood and its treatment, then you don’t need to be worried. Just take a chair or table to the nearest furniture shop and take experts’ opinion. If you will start cleaning your furniture without having proper information, then cleaning products can spoil your expensive furniture.
- Most of people have oiled furniture in their homes. The best way to maintain such furniture is to wipe it with a soft cloth in order to remove all the dust. You must definitely have noticed white spots on oiled furniture. A method to get rid of them is to use toothpaste to remove them.
- For cleaning your wood furniture, you can also make oil at your home by mixing equal parts of turpentine and linseed oil. Mix these two ingredients carefully and then apply with grain of the wood using a spongy cloth. This oil would prove to be the best to restore furniture’s gleam by penetrating into pores of wood furniture. You are not required to apply this oil frequently as applying it a few times in a year is sufficient.
- If you have painted wood furniture in your room, then its cleaning process would be different as you will require vacuuming painted wood daily using a brush attachment. You don’t need to rub furniture with harsh hands. Only wiping surface with soft and dry cloth would be enough.
- Fingerprints on wooden furniture look so dirty and clumsy. I also faced the same problem but then someone told me a very good tip and that was to take a moist sponge and clean painted wood furniture with it by making sure that sponge has been squeezed properly because extra moisturizer can damage furniture or spoil its color.
- Now come toward polished furniture. To clean polished furniture, use liquid furniture polish, paste wax or aerosol. Paste wax has proved to be the best as it fills the scratches and needs to be used only twice a year. As far as liquid polish is concerned, it needs to be applied more frequently as compared to wax that is for three to four times in a year. Most of the people prefer to use aerosol as it is easier to apply but they don’t know that it contains silicone that can make furniture slippery.
Here I have tried to give cleaning tips of all types of furniture. Hopefully you will get benefit from these tips according to furniture you have and make your guests surprised with ever-shinning furniture.