Are you thinking of designing a spa room in your home? If yes then you must know the fact that spa rooms should be designed in a location which has lot of natural light and fresh air as well as open space. If you don’t have an extra room in your home for making a spa, you can even turn your bathroom in a spa room by designing it with necessary accessories and equipment. Are you wondering how to do this? Just read the instructions given below:
Clean the Space: Spas are expected to be calm and peaceful so clear the space where you want to set up a spa. Remove clutter and bulky furniture and clean all surfaces. But don’t clean marble surfaces as there is a different method to make them clean. Take one part white vinegar and one part warm water and use this solution to clean surfaces made of marble.
Adding Architectural Features: Now consider about collecting some architectural accessories and elements to give a serene feel to spa room. To decorate a spa room with rustic and country features is a great idea indeed. For example, you can have bare wooden ceiling beams in your spa room.
Paint for Spa Room: Choose a soothing color for your spa. Suggested colors are cream, blue, light yellow and sage green. Give your spa room a semi-gloss finish as it proves to be the best for humid conditions. If you have wooden or stone walls, then go for a decorated varnish so that they can be protected against moisture.
Spa Equipment: Furnish your spa with necessary equipment. You can do by fixing an ordinary soaking tub or shower head of waterfall style. But if you want to be little more luxurious and lush then you can get a steam shower, a massage table and Jacuzzi tub.
Spa-Themed Accessories: Last but not the least; purchase some spa themed accessories like organic towels, candles. Along with candles, you can also use wall scones and pendant lamps for providing sufficient light. Also fix a shelf in spa room so that you can place jars, moisturizers’ bottles, masks, oils and conditioners.
I hope that these tips and ideas will prove enough for you to design a spa room. Follow these and make your spa room source of envy for all those who visit your house.
Kids love to have fish bowls in their rooms and want them to be well-decorated and attractive. But they always lack ideas to decorate a fish bowl as most fish bowls are small and don’t have enough space to hold decorative items. But let me tell you that fish bowls can be decorated with much more items than you can imagine so get ready to help your kid decorating his/her fish bowl with wonderful items:
- Plants are the essential and most common items which are used for decorating fish bowl. If you are unable to use live plants, you can decorate fish bowl with fake plants as well but decorating process with both types of plants will remain the same. Larger plants should always be placed towards back of bowl while smaller plants should be decorated at front. Don’t place plants in middle of bowl as it will not only block viewing but also lessen swimming space for fish.
- Substrates are commonly used to decorate fish bowls as they contain nutrients which are needed by live plants. But if you are using fake plants, your substrate may consist of rocks only. These are available in different colors like white, fluorescent and blue and it all depends on your choice as any color of rock can look good in a fish bowl.
- Substrates consist of smaller rocks but your fish may also love to have larger rocks as well. Smaller fish will be very happy to find larger rocks with holes in them. Holes not only provide space for swimming but also they also provide a space for fish to hide and fish feel that they are living in their natural habitat. Large rocks also give an interesting look to your fish bowl. These rocks should be purchased from pet stores because in pet stores, rocks are treated with special cleaners so that they cannot harm fish.
- How can we forget shells for decorating fish bowls? Prior to putting water and fish into fish bowl, place shells in bottom of bowl so that they can lie properly at their right place.
- Sunken ships, castles, fake fish and scuba divers can also be used as decorative items. These items are available in every pet store or even retail store. While choosing these items, make sure that they go well with the size of your fish bowl.
That was all about my ideas to decorate a fish bowl. Help your kids understanding these ideas and make this activity a fun for you and your kid as well.