Summer season is going on and you must be enjoying it. Long days of summer are mostly enjoyed with open windows so that fresh air may come in the house. But open windows also invite flies. Seeing flies flying here and there in your house is just like a nightmare. Closing doors and windows is not a solution to this problem. Here are some tips and tricks to keep flies away from indoors:
- Try to keep your house as clean as possible. Don’t let your kids throw garbage and litter in yard. Instead of it, use a trash bin with a lid to dispose off waste. Indoor trash should also be bagged up and thrown regularly. Flies actually feast on garbage and rotten foods so to keep them away, it is necessary to keep them starved. Always keep food items in containers and refrigerator.
- Opening windows become necessary in summer so that excessive heat in house may leave. Open windows but make sure that you have screens or curtains on windows. Check screens to ensure that they have been fit properly. Do not open doors for longer period of time.
- There are some fragrances which flies do not like at all so use those fragrances for your advantage to keep flies away. For this, you can place crushed mint sachets or bay leaves in windows and doorways. These will stop flies from entering in. Lavender can also be used for the same purpose as it has strong smell.
- You can use some other tricks to keep flies out of house. The best trick is the water method. Take a clear plastic bag, fill it with water and hang it over doorway or window. Light will refract through this water bag creating a large reflection of fly. When fly will see a huge creature in its way, it will change its way and will never try to enter. Isn’t it great??????
- To make above method more effective, you can also put pennies in water bag. Flies will consider water bag and pennies as a spider and its web. Being scared, they will not enter your house.
- You can also put a pot of sweet basil near windows as it is a natural fly repellent. It is used in cooking also so it is not hard to get this.
- Moreover don’t let standing water stay near doorways as it attracts flies. Make sure to switch off unnecessary lights because light also works as an attractor of flies.
This was a complete description of some tricks which you can use to keep flies away. Follow these and enjoy this season to its fullest.
Carpets are found in almost every home as they are a good alternative of expensive flooring but at the same time carpets require more efforts for their maintenance and cleanliness. Actually carpets are made of such material which can easily absorb germs so it becomes necessary to clean a carpet on regular basis. Different tips and methods are used to keep the carpet clean. Are you also looking for such tips? If yes then read this post because I have gathered some easy household tips to keep the carpet clean:
- You are required to vacuum the carpet on weekly basis but it is not a hard and fast rule. You may have to clean your carpet daily if lot of people travel on it throughout a day.
- If your carpet is giving bad smell, you can make it fragrant by sprinkling baking soda on it. After sprinkling the soda, brush the soda completely into carpet. You can do this with help of a broom. Using baking soda is a proven tip to get rid of smelly carpet.
- Let the baking soda sit on carpet overnight and then you can vacuum the carpet to remove baking soda.
- If a strong odor develops in your carpet and you feel that baking soda is not working for that strong smell then you can use vinegar. All you need to do is to fill a spraying bottle with vinegar and then spray it on carpet. Vinegar will work like a magic to remove the smell of food particles and even the smell of vomits and pets’ activities.
- In order to clean a carpet deeply and thoroughly, use a steam cleaner. You can make a cleaning solution at home. Instead of buying expensive steam cleaning solution, you can use vinegar. Take one cup of vinegar and mix half a cup of baking soda in it. Then make a solution by adding enough water in it so that it can reach fill line of fluid container. After doing this, run the steam cleaner on carpet in the same way as you use vacuum cleaner.
See! How simple is that. You can make your carpet look neat and clean by using either baking soda or vinegar. Both of these are available at your home so you don’t need to go anywhere to get expensive cleaning agents. Just follow tips given above and have a nice-smelling carpet in your home.
Household odors are quite irritating and become a reason of embarrassment in front of your guests. There may be different reasons of house odors including dirty kitchen cabinets, stinky bathrooms or pets. Regardless of the source of the smell, you should find ways to remove these odors. If you don’t know how to do this then follow these simple and effective tips.
Tips to Remove Odors
- The most irritating odor is that coming from a dirty bathroom. The smell normally emits from toilet and sink. In order to get rid of this smell, you can wash your toilet bowl with vinegar. The method is quite simple and easy. Just pour a cup of vinegar in bowl and allow it to remain for a couple of minutes. To remove sink odor, all you can do is to apply a mixture of water and bleach. After applying this mixture, wait for one hour and then wash it with cold water.
- The odors can also originate from a dirty refrigerator. If you want to remove this smell, you can place a container containing a piece of charcoal in it. Keep in mind that the container should have holes in it. By following this tip, you will feel that all the smell has gone. The reason is that the charcoal absorbs bad smells. Some other things may prove helpful in reducing refrigerator smell such as baking soda and ground coffee.
- You may also have to face smell coming from laundry. The reason is quite clear. There are stinky clothes and socks in laundry room. But you can eradicate this smell by adding vinegar while washing clothes. To avoid smell from socks, rinse them and soak them in a mixture of water and vinegar. Keep them soaked for half an hour and then squeeze them and let them get dry.
- Your carpet may also be a cause of bad smell in your house. If it is so, you can use baking soda. Just sprinkle it on carpet and let it stay for some time. After that, clean the carpet by using a vacuum cleaner.
- If your carpet is causing smell because of vomiting or pet’s shit then you can use soda water to get rid of them. The method is simple. Just apply soda water to the affected area and then soak it up with a cloth.
- Your rooms may become smelly due to some reason. If it is irritating you, then you can place bowls filled with white vinegar in all the room corners. The smell can also be eliminated by putting ground coffee in a sock and hang it in the room at a location that is not visible.
- Another thing that can remove bad smells is the air freshener spray. Make a habit to spray air freshener once or twice a day in all the rooms. It will make your house feeling fresh and fragrant. Also it will absorb all the bad smells.
These were some tips that are good enough to remove bad odors from your home. Just follow them and make your house fresh and aromatic.
Today we have a number of machines to do all household chores but in spite of this, we have to manage a certain number of tasks ourselves. Busy schedule of housewives does not let them check the chaos in kitchen on regular basis. There are however some tips and tricks which can be followed to keep kitchen organized and tidy:
- Always start organizing your kitchen with cleaning drawers. After cleaning drawers, go through the whole kitchen try to dispose off useless things. You may have old mittens, discolored cups and mismatched dishes and plates in your kitchen. These items are no longer useful for you so throw out these items to get rid of clutter and mess. Instead of throwing these items, you can also donate them as well.
- Buy some clear plastic bags and containers to keep cereals and pastas instead of preserving them in glass containers. Containers occupy more space than plastic bags and hence cut down on shelf space. Moreover plastic containers are easy to manage and keep. Plastic containers are also useful for keeping tea, sugar, coffee, dry milk and flour. These plastic containers also eliminate need of canisters.
- Your kitchen must also have a number of cleaning agents for dishwashing, bathrooms and floor cleaning. If these cleaning agents are more than one year old, throw them as they will create clutter and nothing else. But take care while disposing off these cleaning agents because if spilled on floor they can result in an accident. You will find instructions to throw them on back of their bottles or containers. Most of the times, cleaning products are kept under sink. When you will throw unnecessary bottles, you will find enough space to store other kitchen items like pots, pans, extinguishers and candles.
- You must also have a number of half-filled spice jars in your kitchen. For organizing kitchen in a good manner, you will need to replace them with a spice rack. If you do not want to spend on expensive spice racks, you can use old baby food jars for this purpose. For using baby food jars, peel off labels and replace them with a tape. Use a black marker to write names of spices on tapes. By labeling these jars, it will become easy for you to locate these spices. These jars are transparent so it is easy to see how much spice is left in jar. Moreover these jars stack well and create more cabinet space.
These were some of the most effective tips and tricks to keep your kitchen organized. Follow these tips and you will see a vital change in your kitchen.