Employees are asset of an organization so it is very important to keep employees’ morale high so that they can work with full dedication and loyalty. Employee morale can fall easily due to many reasons like lack of rewards and facilities, monotonous work routine or lack of appreciation. Employee’s fallen morale is very bad for an organization because employees with low morale do not work with interest and commitment. If you are facing problem of low employee morale then use the following ways to solve this problem:
- Always treat your employees with respect. Don’t degrade them in front of other employees and control your temper in case your employee makes a minor mistake. If you want to improve your employees’ fallen morale, talk to them with courtesy, respect and kindness and make them feel how important they are for your organization. Use the words like ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ and show keen interest in their work.
- Mornings are mostly hardest part of day for workers who suffer from fatigue and tiredness. To make them feel better, offer them with coffee or tea so that they can become alert and interested in their work. This tip is very effective to increase employee productivity throughout the day.
- Many employees feel themselves valued and important when their supervisors greet them and wish them on their special days. Some companies also offer paid day off to employees on their birthdays but only greeting and wishing them is also sufficient.
- Employees and workers always want appreciation for their good work so to recognize their work, you can take actions like conducting a program named ‘employee of the month’. Doing this not only improves employee morale but also motivate others to do well.
- To keep employees’ morale high, take employees out for dinner or lunch. When employees get opportunity of dinning out without paying bill, they will socialize with other employees in a good manner and will become more devoted to their work.
- If you are impressed with an employee’s performance, appreciate him/her with a note or a bouquet of flowers. Your personal appreciation will definitely improve morale of that employee.
- Holding meetings with workers is also a good way to improve employee morale. Hold meetings several times in a year and listen to your workers’ problems and complaints. A feeling of being heard is quite helpful to improve morale of employees. Also take their feedback when you apply new policies and rules. When employees will feel that they are involved in applying new policies, they will consider themselves important part of organization.
- In case your employees encounter problems and conflicts with co-workers or customers, treat them well and try to resolve that conflict by stepping in.
- Try to learn about your workers’ personal lives to show that you care for them. Ask about their spouse, kids and other family members. Your employees will definitely appreciate your interest and will feel protected and secured.
- If your company achieves any target, throw parties for employees so that they can feel that their contribution has been noticed and appreciated.
- Performance bonuses and other financial rewards are always liked by workers so show your appreciation and recognition in the form of bonus or salary increment.
Let me remind you again that an unhappy employee is always unproductive so follow the above mentioned ways to keep your employees ‘spirits high.