Driving your car safely can eliminate the chances of crashes and accidents that become a cause of severe injuries and sometimes death. It is mostly thought that chances of accident are increased when a teen or beginner drives the car. But in my opinion, this perception is totally wrong. Although it is true that teens are somewhat careless drivers but accidents can be caused by the mistake of drivers of any age. Therefore the adults and old are also required to follow certain instructions and tips to drive the car safely and avoid accidents. In this article, I am trying to give you some tips for safe driving which would prove useful for drivers of any age.
- Over-speeding increases the chances of crashes and accidents so it should be avoided. Your speed should be very moderate while driving near a school, children’s play areas or construction areas. There are several other factors that can help you determine your car’s speed. The most important of these factors are dangerous road curves where the speed of your car should be considerably slow to avoid any mishap. The best way to control your speed is to follow the speed limits signs erected on the roads and observe them honestly. Don’t drive your car at a speed beyond speed limits.
- Don’t forget to wear seatbelts because they can save your life even in case of accidents. If you drive safely, there are less chances of occurring accidents but sometimes accidents occur due to the mistakes of the other drivers. So wearing seatbelts will prevent you from getting serious injuries. The seatbelts are not only necessary for the drivers but also for other people sitting in car. Most importantly, you should make sure that kids are wearing their belts and are in their suitable child seats.
- You should pay attention to everything happening in front or back of your car. Watching traffic lights and road signs is inadequate for safe driving. Watch out the activities of other drivers. Good drivers always keep an eye on what is going on in their surroundings and react promptly if they see anything disturbing them.
- You should avoid distracting your attention from driving. Many factors contribute greatly in distracting your attention like loud music, talking on phone, listening to radio and all that. These sources of distractions can be proved very disastrous as they can cause accidents. To avoid these distractions, you can switch off your phone and lower the volume of radio while driving.
- Keeping distance between the cars is another precautionary measure to avoid accidents. If your car is too close to the vehicle in front of you then it will become difficult to apply brakes in case of some emergency.
These were some useful guidelines for having a safe drive. Follow them and safe yourself and others from severe accidents.
Planning a family tour is a complex process especially when kids are too young because they have their own requirements, which they want to be fulfilled regardless of wherever they are; making the journey difficult and tiring. But here I am going to explain some very useful tips for travelling with kids.
- First of all pack some snacks and drinks with you because children love to eat and drink while travelling. But keep in mind to take such drinks having low amount of sugar.
- Don’t forget to bring some stuffed toys and animals for kids along with their blanket they use while sleeping. It will help your child to have better sleep during the journey. If you will forget these things, your child will miss these and create trouble for you. Moreover, without these things he will feel uncomfortable and will not have a proper sleep. A tired child can spoil all the fun and enjoyment of the journey.
- While packing the luggage, take some of the favorite toys and games of your kid like card games, card games or portable video games. These games will keep your child busy and your journey will become peaceful. If you will not bring the toys, your child will get bored and make you annoyed and irritated with useless and rubbish demands.
- If you have some portable electronics like DVD player or CD player, then do bring them. They will not only provide entertainment to you but also to your kids making the journey happy and untiring.
- If you are travelling in a bus or train, then run around with the kids at every station where the bus or train stops. This is necessary for kids as they like to run and jump and a long journey makes them bored. So try to run and hop with them so that they can get relaxed and stretch their muscles.
- Another thing which you can’t afford to miss is first aid kit and some basic medicines like pain killers. It is not only essential for kids but also for elders.
- Also bring medical insurance cards of every family member with you so that they can help you in the time of crisis and emergency.
- Some other things that should be included in your luggage are tissues, wipes, toilet paper and towels.
These were some tips on making the travelling easier when your kids are with you. Follow these tips to make your trip unforgettable and enjoyable.
Travelling is one of the most delightful and wonderful experiences. Travelers have long stories to tell when they return from their journey. Some travelers have enjoyable stories where as some other have bad stories to share. Some travelers suffer from various mishaps during travelling. Although mishaps and misfortune are a part of journey but they can be avoided if some simple but useful tips are kept in mind.
Here are some important tips that will help you to stay safe from mishaps while travelling.
Take care of your Passport
Passport becomes a valuable asset while travelling abroad. So take care of it by keeping it in the safe either at hotel reception or in your room.
Beware of Pickpockets
Beware of pickpockets while visiting markets and other busy places. To avoid any accident or mishap always keep your cash in your money belt. If you have a wallet then always keep it in the front pocket.
Use Credit or Debit Cards
While travelling there is no need to take large amount of cash with you as it may be stolen. It is recommended to use credit or debit cards instead of cash.
Take Copy of your ID card
Always keep your ID card with you while travelling. It will be served as a source of your identification in case of any accident.
Don’t Wear Heavy Jewelry
It is strongly recommended that women should not wear heavy jewelry and men should not wear expensive watches while travelling to avoid becoming the target of assaulters.
Don’t Travel Alone
Always try to travel in a pair or with your friends or relatives so that you can manage any difficult situation in a good and relaxing way.
Keep a Map with Yourself
If you are travelling to some unknown place, always take the map with you so that you before leaving the hotel you are able to know that where you want to go.
These were some important tips that should be kept in mind before and during travelling.
Falling ill while travelling is quite common. The reasons of sickness are many. There are new atmosphere, disturbed sleeping schedules and unfamiliar food and water. All these factors weaken our immune system and make us vulnerable to viruses and bacteria. But there are some tips which can be followed to make a trip enjoyable without falling ill:
- Always take a hand sanitizer with you on your trip and try to wash your hands as many times as possible because trains and buses contain different germs. Doing this will protect you against germs.
- Don’t try to eat raw vegetables and fruits as they can make you ill. If you have to eat raw fruits and vegetables, wash them thoroughly before eating. At the same time raw meat and unpasteurized milk is also harmful and can cause traveler’s diarrhea.
- Bottled water is recommended to drink while traveling. If bottled water is not available, take water that has been boiled properly. Similarly, canned and branded fizzy drinks are safe for drinking. Before taking these beverages, wipe their facade area that can touch your mouth.
- If you are unable to boil water, you can also purify it through a chemical process. Iodine tablets are available at stores and pharmacies. They can be poured in water to purify it.
- Don’t brush your teeth with tap water as it may be contaminated. Contaminated tap water may cause many diseases like diarrhea.
- If you are going to a place where there will be hot and humid conditions, you must take sunscreens with you. Sometimes excessive sunlight can cause skin burn.
- Also take bug sprays with you along with other medications. Apply bug sprays and lotions frequently to protect you from malaria and dengue fever.
- During long flights, deep vein thrombosis can be a threat to your health. To avoid this, move around as much as you can and move your legs and feet frequently.
Watching new places and experiencing new foods is a part of traveling. By taking a few precautionary measures, you can make your trips even more enjoyable and memorable by avoiding any sickness. So follow the above tips and make sure that you are not going to bring illness among the gifts you bring home from your trip.