People use a lot of things to beautify their skin but forget to have a look on their personal habits. Yes there are some bad skin habits which cause damage to the skin but most of the people overlook these habits. Today I have decided to make you aware of such bad skin habits which you should avoid to have a healthy and gleaming skin:
- Sun rays are harmful for skin as they can cause blemishes so putting a sun screen is essential to keep the skin protected from harmful rays of sun. We all know this fact but a few of us apply sun screen to keep our skin fresh. If you want a beautiful and glowing skin, don’t forget to apply a good quality sun screen before going into sun.
- Lack of restful sleep is another bad skin habit as it causes to produce stress hormones. These hormones create dark circles under eyes and make your skin looking dull. Sleep does not only provides beautiful skin but it also help prevent wrinkles.
- Are you a smoker? If yes then you can never get a fresh skin. Actually smoking decreases flow of oxygen in the skin and speeds up aging process due to which your complexion looks dull and dark. Smoking also causes lines around your mouth making you look ten years older than your actual age.
- Drinking too much alcohol is also harmful for health and skin as well. Although red wine provides antioxidants which are good for skin, excess of this wine can harm your skin. Alcohol is a cause of dehydration which consequently leads to wrinkles and dryness of skin.
- Another bad skin habit is to sleep with make up. Sleeping without removing make up is very bad for your skin because it gives rise to clogged pores and breakouts.
- Too much exfoliation is not good for your skin. Your skin needs exfoliation only once a week. Exfoliation also wipes those oils from skin which are necessary to make the skin glowing.
- If you are gaining or losing weight too fast then it will also damage your skin because in this case, fibers of your skin get weaker giving rise to premature aging, stretch marks and lines on skin.
- Don’t compress your pimples because pimples are caused by bacteria and virus and after compressing a pimple, if your hand touches somewhere else on the skin, it will create new and more pimples. It may also cause scars and large pores which make your skin look bad.
- Using too much salt in food is also a cause of bad skin as salt dehydrates the skin. Similarly, using too much sugar is also harmful because it results in wrinkles on your skin. So try to increase the use of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. A well-balanced diet will make your skin beautiful and glowing.
- Some facial movements and expressions like frowning and laughing, that are repeated again and again, can cause contraction of skin muscles and produce wrinkles. Try to minimize excessive facial expressions.
Remember that skin is the most exposed and best part of our body and we must take care of it. Taking care of skin is not difficult at all. If you will simply avoid above mentioned bad skin habits, you will have bright and glowing skin.