Do you have sensitive teeth? If yes then you must be aware of the pain when your teeth are exposed to too hot or cold thing. Sensitive teeth come with a lot of pain and discomfort which make eating and drinking your favorite food impossible. Sensitive teeth are caused when gums are pulled away from teeth. When gums are pulled away, roots become exposed and have no protection. In this case, all you need to do is to consult a dentist but there are also some tips which you can follow to take care of your sensitive teeth. I have also gathered some tips to take care of sensitive teeth. Have a look on these tips:
- I know that if you are having sensitive teeth, you will be brushing your teeth twice a day. But do you use the right method to brush your teeth? Always remember that rough movement of brush on your teeth can make the condition of your sensitive teeth worse.
- Eat foods which are rich in calcium like milk, cheese and yogurt. Some other fruits and vegetables like cucumber, beetroots and almonds are also very good for taking care of sensitive teeth.
- Potassium nitrate is good for sensitive teeth so buy toothpaste having potassium nitrate in it. While buying toothpaste, ensure that it is especially made for sensitive teeth.
- Use a mouthwash regularly. For sensitive teeth, nothing is better than a mouthwash containing fluoride. If you are getting confused in selection of an appropriate mouthwash, you can consult your dentist about this.
- As I mentioned earlier that calcium is a great element for the treatment of sensitive teeth but if calcium containing foods are not working for your sensitive teeth then ask your dentists about taking calcium supplements.
- Don’t eat foods that contain excess acid or sugar as these two are harmful for sensitive teeth if taken in high quantity.
- If you are indulged in habit of smoking or taking tobacco then eliminate these habits as early as possible because they can cause irreparable damage to your sensitive teeth.
- While choosing a toothbrush, make sure that it has extra-soft bristles. And also take care not to brush your teeth horizontally.
- If you are having sensitive teeth, avoid using too hot and too cold drinks and foods like coffee and ice cream. Also avoid eating candies, wine and taking sour foods like lemon or grapefruit as these can cause trouble for you.
I hope that you will not only like these tips but you will also follow these to take care of your sensitive teeth.