If you are suffering from depression then you will be definitely aware of the fact that it is very hard to cope with it and it is very difficult to get rid of it without medication. But here I am going to provide you with some tips that will help you a lot in dealing with your depression without taking any medicines.
- Proper diet is very important to overcome any kind of disease whether it is depression or something else. So you are required to take proper and balanced diet along with some multi-vitamins. When you will eat well and take a balanced diet, you will feel yourself healthy and fresh and your body will start functioning properly.
- Regular exercise is also an essential part of treatment of depression. Exercise gives you and your body a strong feeling and at the same time, it will improve your mood for long hours. Keep in mind that exercise should be done on daily basis if you really want to get rid of annoying depression.
- Sunlight also helps to keep your mood good and fresh resulting in a better mental condition, so try to get some sunlight daily for 10 to 15 minutes. It will be more than enough for treatment of depression.
- Try to take sufficient and restful sleep at night as lack of proper sleep can also give rise to mood swings and depression. For proper functionality, your body and brain needs a sleep of almost 7 to 9 hours which will definitely change your mood. If you find some free time during day, you can also snooze for sometime.
- Depression can make you isolate from rest of the world so try to make friends so that they can keep you busy when you feel depression. Remember that isolation can make depression even worse so chatting with friends or making plans about some activity can prove to be the best medication.
- Refined sugar should be cut out of your diet. The reason is that depression is mostly caused by low serotonin level in brain. So when a depressed person takes sugar, it changes the mood by increasing serotonin level but remember that this improvement is temporary and you may collapse later.
- Make a habit to record or write your feelings, thoughts and moods. You can use a diary or a journal for this purpose. In this way, you will be able to understand what feelings and thoughts are causing depression. Moreover when you will write down your feelings, you will feel fresh and satisfied which will help to overcome depression.
- Prayer also plays an important role in improving mood of a depressed person, so take a little time daily for prayer. I am sure that it will really work for you.
Apart from following the above given tips, you should also seek help from some professionals and don’t feel hesitation in telling your feelings and thoughts to your doctor or concerned professional. Doctors, psychiatrists and other such professionals will definitely help you out.