Your fish can live long in fish bowl if you take proper care of them. Were you looking for some tips on how to care for fish in fish bowl? If yes then you are reading an absolutely right post. I have gathered a number of tips which you can follow in this regard:
- Cleanliness is the most important factor to be taken care of so clean your fish bowl at least once a week. The method is simple. All you need to do is to pour water and fish from bowl in another container. Now use hot water to rinse the bowl. Never use soap for cleaning fish bowl. After rinsing the bowl, put substrate back in bottom of bowl.
- After you rinse the fish bowl, don’t refill it with cold water. Use lukewarm water instead. Now use a net to take your fish out of container and place it back in bowl.
- What about feeding of fish? Fish are needed to be fed once a day at least. For this, use recommended fish food. Don’t forget to follow the instructions given on food label. Fish food makers usually suggest two smaller feedings instead of one larger feeding. Don’t put excess food in bowl as it will spoil water and generate the need to change water.
- Before having an additional fish in fish bowl, you should consider the size of bowl. Providing your fish with a friend or companion is a nice idea but you will have to understand that fish require enough space to live. A bowl having a size of gallon can have no more than two fish.
- Now think about proper placement of fish bowl. Fish bowl should not be placed at an area where it has risks of falling, spilling or breaking. Place fish bowl in center of a large table or shelf. And one more thing! Never place fish bowl in direct sunlight because excessive heat can warm the water up and can kill your fish. Place your bowl at a location which receives natural light in moderate quantity.
These were some simple tips to take care of fish in their bowl. Follow these with great care and have healthy fishes in your home.