Household odors are quite irritating and become a reason of embarrassment in front of your guests. There may be different reasons of house odors including dirty kitchen cabinets, stinky bathrooms or pets. Regardless of the source of the smell, you should find ways to remove these odors. If you don’t know how to do this then follow these simple and effective tips.
Tips to Remove Odors
- The most irritating odor is that coming from a dirty bathroom. The smell normally emits from toilet and sink. In order to get rid of this smell, you can wash your toilet bowl with vinegar. The method is quite simple and easy. Just pour a cup of vinegar in bowl and allow it to remain for a couple of minutes. To remove sink odor, all you can do is to apply a mixture of water and bleach. After applying this mixture, wait for one hour and then wash it with cold water.
- The odors can also originate from a dirty refrigerator. If you want to remove this smell, you can place a container containing a piece of charcoal in it. Keep in mind that the container should have holes in it. By following this tip, you will feel that all the smell has gone. The reason is that the charcoal absorbs bad smells. Some other things may prove helpful in reducing refrigerator smell such as baking soda and ground coffee.
- You may also have to face smell coming from laundry. The reason is quite clear. There are stinky clothes and socks in laundry room. But you can eradicate this smell by adding vinegar while washing clothes. To avoid smell from socks, rinse them and soak them in a mixture of water and vinegar. Keep them soaked for half an hour and then squeeze them and let them get dry.
- Your carpet may also be a cause of bad smell in your house. If it is so, you can use baking soda. Just sprinkle it on carpet and let it stay for some time. After that, clean the carpet by using a vacuum cleaner.
- If your carpet is causing smell because of vomiting or pet’s shit then you can use soda water to get rid of them. The method is simple. Just apply soda water to the affected area and then soak it up with a cloth.
- Your rooms may become smelly due to some reason. If it is irritating you, then you can place bowls filled with white vinegar in all the room corners. The smell can also be eliminated by putting ground coffee in a sock and hang it in the room at a location that is not visible.
- Another thing that can remove bad smells is the air freshener spray. Make a habit to spray air freshener once or twice a day in all the rooms. It will make your house feeling fresh and fragrant. Also it will absorb all the bad smells.
These were some tips that are good enough to remove bad odors from your home. Just follow them and make your house fresh and aromatic.