Are you worried about ever-increasing level of cholesterol in your body? You must be because high levels of cholesterol can lead to a number of major problems like heart diseases, obesity and much more. You should be very careful about cholesterol level in your body and try to control it. Most people think that some kind of medicine is necessary to control this problem but they don’t know that cholesterol level can also be controlled using some home remedies along with medicines. Some of these home remedies are given below:
- First and very simple step to control cholesterol is to eat garlic cloves. If you are suffering from high cholesterol level then you must take seven cloves of garlic daily. An alternate to garlic cloves are garlic capsules which you can take instead of garlic cloves. These capsules are for those people who do not like garlic smell.
- I will also recommend you to take at least 400 international units of Vitamin E daily as it helps in keeping cholesterol under control. Actually Vitamin E prevents cholesterol from forming into plaque which can block arteries and consequently leads to heart attack so take Vitamin E daily along with other cholesterol medicines.
- Eat grapes or drink grapes juice daily as skin of grapes play an important role in controlling cholesterol level.
- You should also eat at least one and a half sections of grape fruit every day in order to lower cholesterol level. Eating grape fruit daily can lower cholesterol by 7 percent in just 2 months. Grape fruit contains pectin that manages to lower cholesterol level in your body.
- Adding beans to your diet is another good home remedy. All kinds of beans help to keep cholesterol level under control so make a habit to eat one and a half cup of beans daily to lower your cholesterol by 22 percent. Beans also contain cholesterol- lowering pectin.
Follow these tips and remedies to control cholesterol and lead a happier and healthier life.