Carpets are found in almost every home as they are a good alternative of expensive flooring but at the same time carpets require more efforts for their maintenance and cleanliness. Actually carpets are made of such material which can easily absorb germs so it becomes necessary to clean a carpet on regular basis. Different tips and methods are used to keep the carpet clean. Are you also looking for such tips? If yes then read this post because I have gathered some easy household tips to keep the carpet clean:
- You are required to vacuum the carpet on weekly basis but it is not a hard and fast rule. You may have to clean your carpet daily if lot of people travel on it throughout a day.
- If your carpet is giving bad smell, you can make it fragrant by sprinkling baking soda on it. After sprinkling the soda, brush the soda completely into carpet. You can do this with help of a broom. Using baking soda is a proven tip to get rid of smelly carpet.
- Let the baking soda sit on carpet overnight and then you can vacuum the carpet to remove baking soda.
- If a strong odor develops in your carpet and you feel that baking soda is not working for that strong smell then you can use vinegar. All you need to do is to fill a spraying bottle with vinegar and then spray it on carpet. Vinegar will work like a magic to remove the smell of food particles and even the smell of vomits and pets’ activities.
- In order to clean a carpet deeply and thoroughly, use a steam cleaner. You can make a cleaning solution at home. Instead of buying expensive steam cleaning solution, you can use vinegar. Take one cup of vinegar and mix half a cup of baking soda in it. Then make a solution by adding enough water in it so that it can reach fill line of fluid container. After doing this, run the steam cleaner on carpet in the same way as you use vacuum cleaner.
See! How simple is that. You can make your carpet look neat and clean by using either baking soda or vinegar. Both of these are available at your home so you don’t need to go anywhere to get expensive cleaning agents. Just follow tips given above and have a nice-smelling carpet in your home.