Today my post is especially for teens so if you are a teenager then you must read this post. I am a teen and I really know very well that teens are conscious about their looks and beauty but most of the teens don’t know that beauty is connected with good health. Teens often dream of glowing skin but they forget that what they eat affects their skin. They don’t know that taking a healthy diet is the first step towards attaining good looks. For such teens, I have gathered a number of health and beauty tips which are given below:
- Say goodbye to junk and canned foods like burgers, chips, pizza and cookies. These foods are processed and contain either too much of salt or sugar and are low in nutrition. Some other junk foods are also high in fat and calories and eating these foods will only give you obesity and nothing else so make a promise to avoid these foods completely. Instead of these foods, eat fresh fruits and vegetables like apples, bananas, spinach and lettuce. List of healthy food is not limited to these fruits and vegetables as you can have a large variety of healthy foods to choose from. I will suggest you eating two apples and two carrots a day as a first step towards getting healthy body and attractive looks.
- Water is such a gift from nature that flushes out toxins from your body naturally so make a habit of drinking 10 glasses of water daily for glowing skin. If you are a sports person or work in sun then you will need more than 10 glasses of water to drink daily.
- Besides eating healthy food, try to take multivitamins and essential minerals supplements as these things increase energy level to meet your nutritional requirements.
- Add omega-3 fats in your diet as these fats are quite beneficial for good skin, healthy nails and hair. These fats are also good for brain health so eat food having omega-3 fats such as eggs, salmon and cod liver oil. If you are suffering from dry hair and skin, then you must include these fats in your food.
- Eight hours sleep is also necessary for health and beauty. If teens don’t take a restful sleep for eight hours then they may suffer from depression, mood swings and other problems. Avoid watching TV at night because it may also disturb your sleep. Take a hot bath before going to bed or read a book as doing these will help you falling asleep.
- If you are studying and doing job at the same time, you may suffer from stress which is neither good for your health nor for your beauty. So try to cut down your responsibilities and ask your parents to help you out. You may also ask your boss for cutting down your working hours.
- If you are suffering from acne, then use acne treatment products in moderation as these products make the skin dry and can cause skin breakouts. I will recommend you using natural products to treat acne instead of using chemical-based products. Using raw honey is a natural treatment of acne and skin breakout as the moisture in honey hydrates the skin without clogging pores so apply two table spoons of raw honey to your skin at least once a week and let is stay on your face for 20 minutes. After that, wash your face with a cleanser.
- Most of the teen girls use different kinds of cleansers for keeping their skin neat and clean. If you want to use cleansers then avoid from harsh cleansers and instead of them, use natural cleansers like raw honey and neem oil.
- Teens are fond of wearing make up to look beautiful and smart but they don’t know that make up can clog skin pores resulting in acne and other skin problems. If you like to wear make up then try using mineral-based products so that make up may not harm your soft skin.
- Coconut oil is good thing for skin and hair. You can not only use coconut oil for conditioning your hair but also you can apply it to your heals if they are cracked. You can also apply coconut oil to your whole body instead of lotion.
These were some beauty and health tips which every teen must follow to look healthy and fresh.