Are you thinking of designing a spa room in your home? If yes then you must know the fact that spa rooms should be designed in a location which has lot of natural light and fresh air as well as open space. If you don’t have an extra room in your home for making a spa, you can even turn your bathroom in a spa room by designing it with necessary accessories and equipment. Are you wondering how to do this? Just read the instructions given below:
Clean the Space: Spas are expected to be calm and peaceful so clear the space where you want to set up a spa. Remove clutter and bulky furniture and clean all surfaces. But don’t clean marble surfaces as there is a different method to make them clean. Take one part white vinegar and one part warm water and use this solution to clean surfaces made of marble.
Adding Architectural Features: Now consider about collecting some architectural accessories and elements to give a serene feel to spa room. To decorate a spa room with rustic and country features is a great idea indeed. For example, you can have bare wooden ceiling beams in your spa room.
Paint for Spa Room: Choose a soothing color for your spa. Suggested colors are cream, blue, light yellow and sage green. Give your spa room a semi-gloss finish as it proves to be the best for humid conditions. If you have wooden or stone walls, then go for a decorated varnish so that they can be protected against moisture.
Spa Equipment: Furnish your spa with necessary equipment. You can do by fixing an ordinary soaking tub or shower head of waterfall style. But if you want to be little more luxurious and lush then you can get a steam shower, a massage table and Jacuzzi tub.
Spa-Themed Accessories: Last but not the least; purchase some spa themed accessories like organic towels, candles. Along with candles, you can also use wall scones and pendant lamps for providing sufficient light. Also fix a shelf in spa room so that you can place jars, moisturizers’ bottles, masks, oils and conditioners.
I hope that these tips and ideas will prove enough for you to design a spa room. Follow these and make your spa room source of envy for all those who visit your house.
Kids love to have fish bowls in their rooms and want them to be well-decorated and attractive. But they always lack ideas to decorate a fish bowl as most fish bowls are small and don’t have enough space to hold decorative items. But let me tell you that fish bowls can be decorated with much more items than you can imagine so get ready to help your kid decorating his/her fish bowl with wonderful items:
- Plants are the essential and most common items which are used for decorating fish bowl. If you are unable to use live plants, you can decorate fish bowl with fake plants as well but decorating process with both types of plants will remain the same. Larger plants should always be placed towards back of bowl while smaller plants should be decorated at front. Don’t place plants in middle of bowl as it will not only block viewing but also lessen swimming space for fish.
- Substrates are commonly used to decorate fish bowls as they contain nutrients which are needed by live plants. But if you are using fake plants, your substrate may consist of rocks only. These are available in different colors like white, fluorescent and blue and it all depends on your choice as any color of rock can look good in a fish bowl.
- Substrates consist of smaller rocks but your fish may also love to have larger rocks as well. Smaller fish will be very happy to find larger rocks with holes in them. Holes not only provide space for swimming but also they also provide a space for fish to hide and fish feel that they are living in their natural habitat. Large rocks also give an interesting look to your fish bowl. These rocks should be purchased from pet stores because in pet stores, rocks are treated with special cleaners so that they cannot harm fish.
- How can we forget shells for decorating fish bowls? Prior to putting water and fish into fish bowl, place shells in bottom of bowl so that they can lie properly at their right place.
- Sunken ships, castles, fake fish and scuba divers can also be used as decorative items. These items are available in every pet store or even retail store. While choosing these items, make sure that they go well with the size of your fish bowl.
That was all about my ideas to decorate a fish bowl. Help your kids understanding these ideas and make this activity a fun for you and your kid as well.
Unwanted thoughts are quite annoying and irritating as they result in lack of concentration and cause mental fatigue and tiredness. If you are also suffering from such unwanted thoughts, then you will definitely know how bothersome these thoughts are. If you haven’t overcome your trouble yet and are looking for some good tips then read this article because I am going to help you out by giving you some useful tips.
Write your Thoughts
Writing proves to be a good therapy for those who suffer from unwanted thoughts. Writing your thoughts in a diary or notebook will keep you relaxed and soothing as it will help you to transfer infuriating thoughts from mind to the paper. If roots of unwanted thoughts are connected to any past event, a harsh childhood experience or an unsuccessful love then writing these memories and thoughts is really very very effective. When you start writing your unwanted thoughts, feel yourself free to write whatever comes to your mind because you are going to write to express your feelings and not to impress someone. So don’t take care of making spelling mistakes or grammatical errors. Your only purpose is to let your bad thoughts flow out of your mind.
Distract your Attention
When unwanted thoughts come to your mind, the best way to overcome them is to distract your attention. It would be just like fighting fire with fire. Make a better use of your idle time by following any of the following activities:
- Start watching your favorite movie. The trick is to see that movie that can not remind you of your unwanted thoughts so it may be a comedy movie. Don’t watch a romantic movie if you are preoccupied with thoughts of bad romantic experience.
- Play any sport you like. Sports are not only god for physical health but also very good to keep your mind clear of bad and unwanted thoughts. Playing a game for an hour or so will divert your energy and thoughts somewhere else.
- Start reading a book, magazine or even back of your favorite cereal box. You will see that it would be really helpful in eliminating unwanted thoughts. Instead of bad thoughts, feed your mind with some fruitful and healthy thoughts.
- Go to some beautiful park and start walking. Trees, clean air and tweeting birds will have a consoling effect on your mind and body and positive thoughts will start coming to your mind.
Have a Restful Sleep
A good and restful sleep can also prove to be very effective in order to get rid of unwanted thoughts and memories as deep sleep helps to shut down thinking process and helps to regain lost energy which was wasted due to thinking about bad and frustrating memories.
Clear your Mind of all Worries
Sometimes bad thoughts are also caused by stress and worries like thinking about a difficult exam or thinking about debt or mortgaged house. It is natural to worry about these things but don’t let them interfere your relaxation and comfort. If you are a natural worrier then definitely you may be suffering from bad thoughts but keep in mind that worries are not a solution to any problem. Instead an optimistic behavior will help you overcome your worries.
Share your Thoughts
You can also overcome your unwanted thoughts by sharing them with your spouse, friends or parents. When you share these thoughts with your family members or friends, they will provide you with a better solution to cope with these thoughts and help you to see brighter side of life.
Consult a Psychiatrist
Sometimes these unwanted and bad thoughts may be quite serious and require consultation with a psychiatrist which may help you out through different treatments including group therapy, hypnosis, individual counseling or even medicines.
If you are suffering from unwanted thoughts, never take them for granted, try to overcome them with above mentioned tips and if they continue then consult a good doctor in your area.
If you are suffering from depression then you will be definitely aware of the fact that it is very hard to cope with it and it is very difficult to get rid of it without medication. But here I am going to provide you with some tips that will help you a lot in dealing with your depression without taking any medicines.
- Proper diet is very important to overcome any kind of disease whether it is depression or something else. So you are required to take proper and balanced diet along with some multi-vitamins. When you will eat well and take a balanced diet, you will feel yourself healthy and fresh and your body will start functioning properly.
- Regular exercise is also an essential part of treatment of depression. Exercise gives you and your body a strong feeling and at the same time, it will improve your mood for long hours. Keep in mind that exercise should be done on daily basis if you really want to get rid of annoying depression.
- Sunlight also helps to keep your mood good and fresh resulting in a better mental condition, so try to get some sunlight daily for 10 to 15 minutes. It will be more than enough for treatment of depression.
- Try to take sufficient and restful sleep at night as lack of proper sleep can also give rise to mood swings and depression. For proper functionality, your body and brain needs a sleep of almost 7 to 9 hours which will definitely change your mood. If you find some free time during day, you can also snooze for sometime.
- Depression can make you isolate from rest of the world so try to make friends so that they can keep you busy when you feel depression. Remember that isolation can make depression even worse so chatting with friends or making plans about some activity can prove to be the best medication.
- Refined sugar should be cut out of your diet. The reason is that depression is mostly caused by low serotonin level in brain. So when a depressed person takes sugar, it changes the mood by increasing serotonin level but remember that this improvement is temporary and you may collapse later.
- Make a habit to record or write your feelings, thoughts and moods. You can use a diary or a journal for this purpose. In this way, you will be able to understand what feelings and thoughts are causing depression. Moreover when you will write down your feelings, you will feel fresh and satisfied which will help to overcome depression.
- Prayer also plays an important role in improving mood of a depressed person, so take a little time daily for prayer. I am sure that it will really work for you.
Apart from following the above given tips, you should also seek help from some professionals and don’t feel hesitation in telling your feelings and thoughts to your doctor or concerned professional. Doctors, psychiatrists and other such professionals will definitely help you out.
Are you having a dry skin and looking for some tips on preventing it? No worries…..I am here to give some excellent and effective tips on getting rid of dry skin. Follow below mentioned ways of preventing dry skin and stay beautiful and attractive in a way you desire:
- You must have noticed that your skin becomes more dry and tight during severe winter. If it is really so then make sure to wear gloves, high boots and hat while going outside during winter season. Are you getting surprised that why I have recommended so. The reason is quite simple. It is not only your facial skin that requires care but your body skin also needs to be protected from harsh winter winds. Especially for your face, I would recommend here to use oily creams that can provide essential moisture to your skin for its protection.
- People among you having dry skin must already have used moisturizers for their skin but I am sure that a few of you know the method of applying moisturizers properly. Here I am going to give you an important tip. After washing face, apply moisturizer when your face is still soggy. Following this step would help your skin to keep moisturized for a longer period of time. During winters, apply moisturizers half an hour before leaving home because freshly applied cream will cool off your skin when it comes in contact with cold air.
- Another factor that can dry your skin is the air coming from air conditioner. Although it feels good but it may cause your skin to become very dry. In order to prevent this, you can put an air humidifier in room and apply moisturizing cream regularly.
- Sometimes taking hot showers regularly can become a cause of dryness of your skin. If you want to get rid of dry skin then make a habit to take bath with lukewarm water and after taking bath avoid scrubbing yourself with towel. Instead you should pat the body gently to dry it.
- Washing hands, face and body with soap can also be a reason for the dryness of skin because soap washes away essential oils from your skin surface. So wash your hands and body with soap-free cleanser or a soap having glycerin in it.
- If you have applied make up on your skin, don’t try to remove it with water and soap but remove it with a good quality cleansing milk.
This was a bundle of useful tips about prevention of dry skin. Hopefully they will work a lot more for you.
Carpets are found in almost every home as they are a good alternative of expensive flooring but at the same time carpets require more efforts for their maintenance and cleanliness. Actually carpets are made of such material which can easily absorb germs so it becomes necessary to clean a carpet on regular basis. Different tips and methods are used to keep the carpet clean. Are you also looking for such tips? If yes then read this post because I have gathered some easy household tips to keep the carpet clean:
- You are required to vacuum the carpet on weekly basis but it is not a hard and fast rule. You may have to clean your carpet daily if lot of people travel on it throughout a day.
- If your carpet is giving bad smell, you can make it fragrant by sprinkling baking soda on it. After sprinkling the soda, brush the soda completely into carpet. You can do this with help of a broom. Using baking soda is a proven tip to get rid of smelly carpet.
- Let the baking soda sit on carpet overnight and then you can vacuum the carpet to remove baking soda.
- If a strong odor develops in your carpet and you feel that baking soda is not working for that strong smell then you can use vinegar. All you need to do is to fill a spraying bottle with vinegar and then spray it on carpet. Vinegar will work like a magic to remove the smell of food particles and even the smell of vomits and pets’ activities.
- In order to clean a carpet deeply and thoroughly, use a steam cleaner. You can make a cleaning solution at home. Instead of buying expensive steam cleaning solution, you can use vinegar. Take one cup of vinegar and mix half a cup of baking soda in it. Then make a solution by adding enough water in it so that it can reach fill line of fluid container. After doing this, run the steam cleaner on carpet in the same way as you use vacuum cleaner.
See! How simple is that. You can make your carpet look neat and clean by using either baking soda or vinegar. Both of these are available at your home so you don’t need to go anywhere to get expensive cleaning agents. Just follow tips given above and have a nice-smelling carpet in your home.
Raising healthy and happy child is a difficult and demanding task. It needs a lot of care and efforts. Mostly parents follow some techniques to raise their kids which were used by their parents without thinking whether they were effective or not. Parenting techniques should be adopted after understanding the nature and psychology of kids. If you are also looking for such techniques and tips, read this post:
- Kids always learn from what their parents do so; you will need to keep good behavior with others. If you will not treat well with others, your kid will also become harsh with other people. Your attitude and behavior should display kindness and affection with others.
- Don’t let your kid feel lonely. Try to get involved in life of your kids including their studies and other activities. Give sufficient time to your child to understand his/her problems.
- Do not use harsh and bitter language with your kid. Kids need to be treated with respect so use a polite tone while talking to kids about any kind of matter.
- If you will abuse in front of your kids, they will definitely do the same while talking with others. And one more thing, do not use harsh language with your kid in front of someone as doing this will make your kid embarrassed.
- Keep your kids happy and make them feel that you are happy and proud to be their parents. It adds confidence in personality of your kids.
- You must be known of the fact that give respect and take respect. So give respect to your kids and their feelings. In return, they will give you the same respect and affection.
- Try to make fun with your kids at home to create a happy and cheerful atmosphere. Laughing, playing and tickling are the best practices you can do to make your child happy.
- If your kid does something good and nice, do appreciate him/her. For this, you can also buy him/her a present.
- Present yourself as a good example and role model for your kids as it is your most important duty being parents.
- Also get involved in school life of your children and always help him/her to become a good student. Bring your kid up in a way that helps him/her acquiring a good character.
- Listen to your kids’ problems carefully and seriously and try to resolve them in the best possible way.
- Teach your kids about moral values. You can do so by practicing good moral values in front of them.
Parents are the only people in life of kids who can help them building their character so parents must understand their responsibilities.