Summer season is going on and you must be enjoying it. Long days of summer are mostly enjoyed with open windows so that fresh air may come in the house. But open windows also invite flies. Seeing flies flying here and there in your house is just like a nightmare. Closing doors and windows is not a solution to this problem. Here are some tips and tricks to keep flies away from indoors:
- Try to keep your house as clean as possible. Don’t let your kids throw garbage and litter in yard. Instead of it, use a trash bin with a lid to dispose off waste. Indoor trash should also be bagged up and thrown regularly. Flies actually feast on garbage and rotten foods so to keep them away, it is necessary to keep them starved. Always keep food items in containers and refrigerator.
- Opening windows become necessary in summer so that excessive heat in house may leave. Open windows but make sure that you have screens or curtains on windows. Check screens to ensure that they have been fit properly. Do not open doors for longer period of time.
- There are some fragrances which flies do not like at all so use those fragrances for your advantage to keep flies away. For this, you can place crushed mint sachets or bay leaves in windows and doorways. These will stop flies from entering in. Lavender can also be used for the same purpose as it has strong smell.
- You can use some other tricks to keep flies out of house. The best trick is the water method. Take a clear plastic bag, fill it with water and hang it over doorway or window. Light will refract through this water bag creating a large reflection of fly. When fly will see a huge creature in its way, it will change its way and will never try to enter. Isn’t it great??????
- To make above method more effective, you can also put pennies in water bag. Flies will consider water bag and pennies as a spider and its web. Being scared, they will not enter your house.
- You can also put a pot of sweet basil near windows as it is a natural fly repellent. It is used in cooking also so it is not hard to get this.
- Moreover don’t let standing water stay near doorways as it attracts flies. Make sure to switch off unnecessary lights because light also works as an attractor of flies.
This was a complete description of some tricks which you can use to keep flies away. Follow these and enjoy this season to its fullest.