Do you feel yourself unable to control the habit of overeating? If you have made a resolution that you will break your habit of overeating then you will need to be very careful about your overall eating habits. People, who have developed a habit of overeating, find it difficult to keep a check on their appetite but I have a set of some simple tips and instructions that are really helpful in this regard:
- Firstly, I will share a tip with you which I followed and found very helpful. I was badly indulged in habit of overeating when my friend told me to stop drinking sodas and carbonated drinks. Let me tell you that carbonated drinks are your biggest enemies. Many people have a misconception that diet drinks have zero calories but they don’t know that sweetening agents used in these sodas stimulate your appetite. So stop drinking such sodas and use fresh fruit juice.
- Drink a glass of water every morning before eating breakfast. This habit will not only reduce your appetite but also keep your body hydrated. Being hungry may be helpful in reducing weight but being thirsty is harmful for health.
- Try to eat food a bit slowly because eating speedily is not good for health. Eat slowly and let your mind accept that your body has consumed enough food needed by your body. Our brain needs sufficient time to accept it so take your time to finish your meal. Doing this will send a message to your brain that you have taken the required food.
- Emotional disturbance can also leads to the habit of overeating. In that case, try to avoid overeating and discuss your problem with someone close to you. After doing this, you will feel relaxed and calm and it will also save you from overeating.
- Make a food journal and write everything you eat and drink in a day. It is a good tip to leave habit of overeating. After a week, review your journal and you will be able to find out that in what conditions you eat more than required by your body. Also try to find out which things make you hungry. Avoid such things and use alternate of such foods.
- Make a habit of doing some sort of activity or exercise as it will also help you overcome this habit. I will recommend you to do yoga, dance or aerobics or any other activity that requires self-control. Stick to any of the activities for almost 6 months and you will see a huge difference because these activities will give you a confidence to control your habit.
These were some of the most important tips which I also tried to get rid of this habit of overeating. You can also follow them without any hesitation because they are all proven. So go ahead and make you look smart and healthy.