Are you hosting a dinner party? If yes then you must have made all the planning and preparations about this party. But have you ever thought of decorating dinner table in a unique way? If no then read this article as I am going to share with you some very useful tips about decorating dinner party table:
- Firstly select tablecloth, napkins and placemats keeping in mind that they match with color schemes of party decorations. Napkins and placemats should go well with the style of tablecloth. For example, if you are using white tablecloth, your napkins and placemats should be very creative for example, you can use napkins and placemats having flowers on them.
- Don’t forget to decorate dinner party table with an attractive and elegant centerpiece. Table centerpiece should not be so tall that guests can’t see each other while sitting at table. There should be something simple and appealing like flowers basket or fruit bowl. You can arrange a centerpiece according to the season. For example, in summer, you can use watermelon fruit boat or candles can be used at any time of year.
- Dinner party table should be set neatly. Your plates and silverware glasses should be shinning and must be placed in proper order. Salad forks should be on left side and soup spoons should be on right side of plate. Plates and other utensils should be placed in order of course served. As salads and soup are served first so fork and soup spoons should be placed first and at a distance. Dessert forks should be placed closest to plates as dessert is served at the end of dinner.
- You will also require purchasing place cards or you can make them at home. You can use calligraphy pens to write names of your guests on place cards. If you are artistic and creative enough, you can decorate them with meaningful sentences related to the person whose name has been written on card.
- All water glasses should be filled with water before meal and place your best looking jug or pitcher on the table so that guest can fill their glasses when they desire. Water glasses should be put just above knife. I would also recommend you to put a set of butter dishes and salt and pepper shakers for every four people.
Follow above mentioned tips and instructions to decorate your party dinner table. If you will follow these tips, you will definitely be able to impress your guests with your presentation.