Are you badly suffering from hiccups????? Yes……don’t worry. You need not to suffer as there are a number of effective home remedies that prove very helpful in getting rid of annoying hiccups. Before giving you the remedies for stopping hiccups, I would like to give you the reasons to hiccups as they will help you a lot in stopping hiccups.
Causes of Hiccups
- Spicy and hot foods
- Infection in lungs
- Kidney disorders
- Abrupt excitement
- Stomach problems
- Eating too fast and too much
Now I will move towards the tips to control hiccups:
- First most important and interesting remedy to get rid of hiccups is to swallow a spoon full of sugar. It has been a popular method to stop hiccups since mid-20th century and still it is considered to be the most effective way of stopping hiccups.
- Another tip is to hold your nose and drink water in small sips. You are required to sip again and again without taking a break. This practice should be continued until you feel that water may start coming out from your nose. I have also tried this method and my experience says that after 25 sips, hiccups usually stop.
- You can also drink chamomile tea as its muscle relaxant characteristics work effectively to relieve contractions in diaphragm which is an actual cause of hiccups.
- When you are suffering from bad hiccups, try to deflect your mind to some other thoughts. It is the easiest way for treatment of hiccups.
- I would also recommend you to eat a bowl of yogurt after adding a pinch of salt in it. It is one of the most effective home remedies to treat hiccups.
- Eat a spoonful of peanut butter while suffering from hiccups.
- Laugh loudly to stop hiccups.
- Ginger is also useful in this regard so sucking a small piece of ginger will help you a lot in curing hiccups.
- There is another home remedy for stopping hiccups but it will sound somewhat silly. Take a water bottle near to your ears and close your ears using your thumbs and then lift that bottle with other fingers and drink. Hiccups will be gone in no time.
These were some interesting but useful and proven tips for stopping hiccups. So follow these whenever you suffer from hiccups.