Are you suffering from a sore threat??? We all know that a sore throat is quite irritating and it needs immediate treatment but you can also relieve your sore throat at home. How? I will give you some tips and methods that will help you to get rid of sore throat quickly:
- If you are an adult and suffering from sore throat then the best method to relieve your sore throat is to suck on throat lozenges. Especially those throat lozenges are recommended that contain menthol or phenol. Zinc lozenges also proved very useful and effective in this regard. As far as sore throat in kids is concerned, they should use cough drops or hard candies.
- Gargling is said to be the most effective method of getting rid of sore throat. I also use this method frequently so I would recommend you to gargle with salt water or a mouthwash having mint flavor.
- Sore throat is caused by bacteria so to kill bacteria on your toothbrush; you can rinse your brush with a quality mouthwash. Try this method as it is really effective.
- Again if you are an adult, you can use throat spray to relieve your sore throat but make sure that your spray should contain numbing agents. Spray that particular throat spray into the back of your throat to get relief from sore and irritating throat.
- Brushing your tongue can also be proved very helpful because sometimes it happens that buildups on your tongue can become a cause of sore throat and brushing your tongue can decrease the soreness.
- Another unique tip is to add moisturizer to your surroundings. You can use a humidifier or a vaporizer for this purpose. If these are not available then same purpose can be achieved by sitting in steamy bath or shower.
- I would also like to add that you should drink ice-cold drinks to relieve your sore throat. Fill a glass half-full of crushed ice and fill the remaining portion with your favorite fruit juice. Let it stay for 10 to 15 minutes and then insert a straw in glass and start drinking it slowly making sure that juice rests on back of your throat for a while.
- Try to have soft and fluid foods particularly chicken soup and keep away from cigarettes smoke during suffering from sore throat.
These tips are proven and are very effective for treatment of sore throat but if you still feel some problem then immediately go to your doctor and take ibuprofen or aspirin as recommended by him/her.