A theater in a home adds to its value as it gives you a separate place to enjoy your leisure time by watching movies or listening to your favorite music. Are you also planning to make a home theater? Yes!!!! Then you will also need some ideas to design it in a proper way. Here are some useful and excellent ideas regarding designing a home theater:
- A home theater has audio-visual equipment in it like television, speakers, music system or a DVD player. All these things come in a limited range of colors including silver and black so you can also design a home theater using shades of black and white. The best option is to use dark tones as they will not only prevent light from reflecting but at the same time, room will remain dark for best viewing. Glossy surfaces like that of plastic and stainless steel should be avoided as they can cause reflection therefore matte and dark colors are best for your home theater.
- The best way to add a home theater to a house is to make it in basement because basements have nominal natural lights and prove to be best for creating darkness in room. Installing a home theater in basement is also useful as it will not produce much noise in your home or neighborhood. If you have an unfinished basement in your home, you can turn it into a home theater by installing vinyl tiles or hanging drywall.
- While designing a home theater, you are recommended to use integrating speakers. A home theater mostly has five or more speakers in order to produce surround-sound effect. If you want to check this effect, you can sit in the center of room and test the sound quality of speaker positions. On the basis of speaker arrangement, you will select and place rest of the furniture items in such a way that speakers disappear behind furniture items to prevent your home theater from looking cluttered.
- Home theater also requires sound deadening so that speakers cannot cause echoes. In order to deaden sound, you can use plush and soft furniture in your home theater like pillows and rugs.
- Add built-in storage to your home theater to keep the items like technical equipment. For this purpose, you can make wall-mounted shelves in corners of room. Rolling and library-style shelves can prove to be the best to accommodate large number of items in less space.
These were some ideas related to designing a home theater. I hope that you will find them very useful.