Kids love to have fish bowls in their rooms and want them to be well-decorated and attractive. But they always lack ideas to decorate a fish bowl as most fish bowls are small and don’t have enough space to hold decorative items. But let me tell you that fish bowls can be decorated with much more items than you can imagine so get ready to help your kid decorating his/her fish bowl with wonderful items:
- Plants are the essential and most common items which are used for decorating fish bowl. If you are unable to use live plants, you can decorate fish bowl with fake plants as well but decorating process with both types of plants will remain the same. Larger plants should always be placed towards back of bowl while smaller plants should be decorated at front. Don’t place plants in middle of bowl as it will not only block viewing but also lessen swimming space for fish.
- Substrates are commonly used to decorate fish bowls as they contain nutrients which are needed by live plants. But if you are using fake plants, your substrate may consist of rocks only. These are available in different colors like white, fluorescent and blue and it all depends on your choice as any color of rock can look good in a fish bowl.
- Substrates consist of smaller rocks but your fish may also love to have larger rocks as well. Smaller fish will be very happy to find larger rocks with holes in them. Holes not only provide space for swimming but also they also provide a space for fish to hide and fish feel that they are living in their natural habitat. Large rocks also give an interesting look to your fish bowl. These rocks should be purchased from pet stores because in pet stores, rocks are treated with special cleaners so that they cannot harm fish.
- How can we forget shells for decorating fish bowls? Prior to putting water and fish into fish bowl, place shells in bottom of bowl so that they can lie properly at their right place.
- Sunken ships, castles, fake fish and scuba divers can also be used as decorative items. These items are available in every pet store or even retail store. While choosing these items, make sure that they go well with the size of your fish bowl.
That was all about my ideas to decorate a fish bowl. Help your kids understanding these ideas and make this activity a fun for you and your kid as well.
Decoration for a beach wedding is same as that for other outdoor events. It can be a challenge but at the same time it is a great fun. Here I am going to give you some useful tips for beach wedding decoration which will be helpful:
- Before buying any decorative element, you will need to consider a color theme. For beach wedding, such a color theme should be chosen which may not distract from nature. Bright colored items and decorations are not appropriate for beach weddings. Ideal colors for beach weddings are gold, soft pink, peach and light teal. Such colors create a romantic feel. Remember that every thing used for beach wedding decoration should be light and flowing.
- Flowers are a must item for decorating a wedding venue. For decorating a beach wedding, use light flowers and do not go for roses as roses create a heavy look.
- Use natural elements of beach for decoration. Sea shells, rocks and pieces of driftwood all prove to be the best and provide rustic accents. Glass bowls can be filled with sea shells for table decoration. Candles can not be used for beach wedding decoration as ocean breezes are unpredictable and burning candles with strong winds can lead to an accident.
- Always look for strong and sturdy decorations because beaches are windier. Your decorations should not blow away with wind. You can add rocks and heavy shells at bottom of floral arrangements to provide them with support. Rocks also create wide bases for centerpieces and prevent them from toppling on to tables.
- Arrange sand-friendly chairs for beach wedding instead of trendy indoor chairs. Decorate chairs with flowers, ribbons or tulle.
- Night time beach wedding also requires proper lighting in spite of the presence of full moon and stars. You can place torches along the perimeter and use floating candles centerpieces on tables in order to provide light without using electricity. Cake and buffet tables can be decorated with light strands. Use battery operated strands instead of light requiring outlets.
While decorating a beach for wedding, you should remain in touch with all governing bodies to know about all rules regarding using that beach. Your beach wedding decorations should not violate some kind of rules.
Have you fixed your wedding in coming autumn? If yes then you may be worried about decorating your wedding venue as autumn weddings are difficult to manage and decorate. Don’t worry because I have a wonderful collection of ideas to decorate a fall wedding. If you want to decorate your wedding venue beautifully, then you must read this post for some great ideas:
- First of all, let’s come towards decorating aisles. The best idea to decorate aisles is with autumn colored leaves. You can find these leaves at any arts and crafts store. Another idea is to use fresh leaves as they will give a natural look but they are delicate and can become dry quickly.
- When we think about decorating a wedding venue, the first thing that comes to mind is flower decoration. But to give a unique look to your wedding decorations, I will suggest you using autumn plants like ferns, wheat, grapevine and Indian corn to be used as decorative item. If you have not decided about the wedding venue yet, then arrange your wedding in such a church that is surrounded by autumn trees and fall foliage.
- While making bouquets, use fall flowers like dahlias. But I prefer roses to all other flowers as they have their own beauty and fragrance. Roses are available in different shades like yellow, red, brown and orange. You can use any of these colors depending on the color of other decorative items you are using. The most common type of rose that is used in fall wedding bouquet is Confetti rose.
- For place cards, use pumpkins having small size and stem attached with them. Make a semi-deep cut into stem by using a sharp knife and after that, insert place cards in stems. For more security and strength, you can use glue to paste place cards with stems. If you are unable to arrange pumpkins, you can also use gourds and squash.
- For decorating room in which wedding is to take place, you can use fall plants like Indian corn, grapevine and mums. Also place pumpkins, gourds and apples around the room and on tables.
- As a table centerpiece, you can use candles and non-flammable leaves. It is better to use candle holders to place candles and leaves.
- Don’t forget that you will also have to present wedding favors to your guests. The best idea is to give your guests a fall treat as a favor. For this, you can purchase packets of cider and tea and pack them with a cinnamon stick. Another idea is to pack homemade apple cinnamon muffins in plastic bags. Tie these bags with fall-colored ribbons.
What do you say about these ideas? Hopefully you will like these. If it is really so then use these ideas to decorate your fall wedding.
Candles are important and quite interesting items that are used in home decoration. You can either purchase decorative candles or make them at home. There are a number of ways available for making candles at home. But regardless of the way you use to make candles, the process of making candles remains the same like melting the wax, adding colors and fragrance and pouring it in mold. If you are really interested in making candles at home then read this article as it will help you a lot because it is full of useful tips.
- First of all you will have to decide that which type of wax you want to use for making candles. There are a lot of types of waxes that are available in the market like soy wax, bayberry wax and beeswax. But the most popular wax that is used for making candles at home is paraffin wax because it is easy to make candles with this wax and most importantly, it is not expensive at all. Moreover, it is easily available at grocery stores.
- Then you will have to choose about the shape of the candles. Most popular style that is used is pillar style as candles in this style stand on the tables very securely and they burn for a longer time as compared to that of other styles. You can make candles in different interesting shapes like pyramids, flowers, apples and others but these types of candles need to be placed in candle holders. Different molds are available in the market for making different shapes of candles like cylindrical pillar molds are available for making pillar candles.
- Adding color to candles is completely up to your choice. It may depend on your liking and the color scheme and other decoration items in the room. For making different colors, color chips are used. These are highly-concentrated pigments and a little amount of them is added to melted wax.
- Fragrance is another thing that can be added to your homemade candles. Candle scents are available in liquid form and can be purchased in different quantities ranging from one ounce to 50 pound barrels. For one pound of wax, you will need about half or one ounce of fragrance. Both scents and colors are added to the wax in the melting pot having wax in it. As the wax will melt, all the ingredients will be mixed well in the wax.
- After all the ingredients including scents and colors are mixed well with the wax, the wax is ready to be poured into the mold. Make sure that the mold should have a wick inserted into it. Pull the wick in the pillar mold through the wick hole to make sure that wick stands straight. After that pour the wax into the mold and let it cool before removing the candle.
These were some important tips that will help you a lot in making candles at home.